American Multi - Cinema, Inc. Bartender in Buffalo, New York
Deliver superior service while connecting with our guests and supporting efforts to achieve AMC's goals. Prepare bar items that are fresh, appetizing, and properly prepared. Maintain a clean, sanitary, and safe work area in a fast-paced environment.Opening Statement
AMC amazing. That's the promise we deliver to nearly 35,000 associates, 240 million guests domestically, and 350 million guests worldwide each year. We focus on delivering friendly, superior service to our guests. We lead by example, giving back to the communities we live and work in while having fun. If you feel motivated and energized by our culture, and if you can name your three favorite movies in the next 30 seconds, then AMC may be the right place for you.Job Description
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Current and relevant knowledge of film and entertainment content.
- Greet guests in a timely and professional manner while exhibiting excellent guest service skills.
- Possess full knowledge of bar and menu items and be able to make recommendations.
- Accurately take beverages orders from guests and deliver within established time frames in the bar and lounge area. At dine-in locations, this may also include food items.
- Prepare beverages that are consistent, and not deviate from procedures and ingredients outlined in recipes. Pour beer and wine to specific portions.
- Consistently use suggestive selling techniques.
- Verify the age of all guests who purchase alcohol in accordance with company policy. Limiting sales only to guests who are at least 21 years of age.
- Ensure that all state, local, and company guidelines regarding the responsible service of alcohol are strictly adhered to. Ensure that alcohol is consumed in designated areas only.
- Complete all transactions accurately and within the designated guidelines.
- Set up and maintain appropriate stock levels for the bar.
- Maintain cleanliness of the bar and lounge area, including related equipment.
- Maintain a clean, sanitary, and safe work environment.
- Complete all deep cleaning and assigned tasks prior to the end of shift.
- Work effectively with supervisors and co-workers.
- Follow instructions for the safe use of all chemicals/cleaning materials.
- Perform all additional tasks and responsibilities as assigned.
- Ability to work and meet deadlines with minimal supervision
- Uphold AMC's business practice standards and ensure compliance with company policies and programs.
- Maintain regular personal attendance for all scheduled shifts.
- Provided by theatre: Black t-shirt, nametag.
- Provided by associate: Black pants, black shoes, socks, black belt.
AMC and its subsidiaries are committed to equal employment opportunity and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local employment laws. AMC strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination and will provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to an applicant's race, color, religion, creed, gender, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, military status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other reason prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law, regulation, or ordinance. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.Minimum Job Requirements
- Age 21 or older.
- Ability to obtain any required food or alcohol service licenses or certifications, including T.I.P.S. certification.
Requirements to be performed, with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Standing, walking, lifting, twisting, and bending on a frequent basis.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and carry it up to 90 feet (or deposit into dumpster or trash compactor).
- Ability to stand on feet for an extended period of time.
AMC has propelled industry innovation since 1920, and we continue to innovate by delivering premium sight and sound, new and improved food and beverage options, and diverse content in our state-of-the-art theatres. We offer competitive compensation, excellent benefits, and an environment that encourages teamwork, inclusion, collaboration, and results.
AMC is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state and local employment laws. AMC strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, military status, or genetic information. All AMC associates, other workers and representatives are prohibited from engaging in unlawful discrimination. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits and termination of employment.
AMC complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable state or local law. Consistent with those requirements, AMC will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability if such accommodation would allow the individual to perform the essential functions of the job, unless doing so would create an undue hardship. If you believe you need an accommodation, contact your immediate supervisor or AMC's Compliance department. AMC will also provide reasonable accommodations for an associate's sincerely held religious beliefs or practices, unless doing so will not create an undue hardship.
AMC prohibits, any form of discipline, reprisal, intimidation or retaliation for good faith reports or complaints of incidents of discrimination of any kind, pursuing any discrimination claim or cooperating in related investigations.