National Grid Senior Analyst, Work Order Lifecycle in Brooklyn, New York
About the Position:
Snr. Analyst, Work Order Lifecycle will support the Manager, Work Order Lifecycle by generating the required documentation associated with the work order lifecycle from construction work in progress (CWIP) to plant in service (PIS) covering all entities of the integrated US business. Will interact with other functional areas of Plant Accounting to provide necessary documentation in support of reporting and accounting requirements.
Reports to the Manager, Work Order Life Cycle and supports work orders and reconciliation of plant accounting transactions.
Position Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
* Reviews work order submissions to ensure they contain all required supporting documentation.
* Facilitates accurate monthly close-outs for all work orders in compliance with relevant policies and documentation requirements.
* Responds to informational and documentation requests from other functional areas in Plant Accounting to support accounting and reporting.
* Responsible for the execution of the construction/retirement work order lifecycle in order to properly account for the assets of National Grid and meet the requirements and expectations of regulators and key stakeholders.
* Accounts and properly reports asset information for construction work orders.
* Coordinates with Analysts to ensure precise journal entries are entered for month-end close and reporting purposes.
* Understands the overall transaction flow of the work order process and rules of eligibility for any company or work order type.
* Navigates PowerPlan, STORMS, and Maximo systems to access necessary information in order to process work orders.
* Reviews work orders and monitor Automatic Review for Closing (ARC) to identify errors and missing documentation.
Knowledge and Experience Required:
* Document preparation
* Work Order Compliance
* Implementation of corrective measures
* Capital and fixed asset accounting
* FERC policy
* Process centric operations
* Financial control frameworks
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration 3 years of experience in general or fixed asset accounting environment
* Proficient in Excel, Word, PowerPoint and other MS Office applications
* Knowledge and/or experience using PowerPlan
* Knowledge of general ledger platforms, with a strong preference for SAP experience
* Knowledge and/or exposure to Maximo, STORMS and other work management systems
* Experience in investigating issues using various amounts of data and working with multiple tools to define root causes
* Ability to research complex issues and use deductive reasoning skills
* Experience in recommending process improvements along with addressing the root cause
* Possesses good interpersonal skills and team working capabilities
This position is one of National Grid's career path roles which provide for promotional opportunities within and across salary bands as you develop and evolve in the position by gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.