National Grid Process Manager, Gas Business in Brooklyn, New York
Support and contribute to the development and implementation of a comprehensive process performance framework which ensures accountability for all functions that contribute to the end to end process. Responsible for execution of the daily tasks required to accurately measure the performance of the end to end process and ensure functional accountability for each step in the process through the use of proven performance measurement methodologies and tools. Support operational and organizational change as a result of true end to end cross functional process and performance improvement efforts through data collection, analysis, and support for new ways of working.
* Assessing the scope and impact of end to end (E2E) process changes across all impacted sub processes
* Supporting the tracking and analysis efforts for a comprehensive set of cross functional KPIs (leading and lagging) contributing to the E2E process.
* Supporting KPI automation efforts.
* Supporting the management and implementation of KPI changes as a result of metric cascade from E2E process level to the front line.
* Leading the material development to support process working group sessions and process review meetings.
* Identifying, managing, and coordinating work effort interdependencies with other programs (ex: Shaping Our Future, Critical Project Portfolio, Customer Experience
* Transformation, Gas Business Enablement, Supply Chain Transformation, etc.).
* Serving as point of contact and liaison with Central Team to ensure PEx governance / standards and reporting requirements are adhered to.
* Supporting identification and implementation of E2E process improvement efforts.
* Supporting the central capability team to implement and embed the National Grid Performance Framework into the business, support the development of National Grid performance methodology and tools, and best practices.
* Supporting change management efforts through impact assessments, risk identification, and work effort estimates, related to dynamic performance metrics and process improvement initiatives.
* Contributing to a culture of innovation in the end to end process, challenging and advising the functions that support rate of return and the wider business to understand the impact of existing policies, processes and ways of working in order to drive greater innovation and value.
* Supporting communication with stakeholders directly and indirectly impacted by E2E process performance targets.
Knowledge & Experience Requirements:
* A Bachelor's degree preferably in an engineering/analytical discipline
* Experience with performance improvement discipline (data collection, measurement, KPI definition and alignment with corporate strategy / objectives)
* Ability to successfully align both human and process performance KPIs with a direct line of sight from the front line to the organizational objective.
* Influential, energetic and enthusiastic team member, with the drive, ambition and resilience to utilize and leverage data analytics to inform decisions and deliver outstanding performance
* Proven experience at influencing front line and mid-level managers (Supervisor - Director) of the organization.
* Ability to successfully work within and demonstrate cooperation across diverse teams with potentially conflicting goals and objectives
* Basic understanding of finance, importance of controls, and the ability to use financial analyses to support and inform complex decisions
* Basic knowledge of the core functions within National Grid, the skills required to execute that work and an understanding of the nuances / interdependencies that exist with the work
* High level understanding of the Utility industry and the ability to use this knowledge to make critical decisions and maximize performance
* Ability to apply the following skills and assist others in applying the skill to complete work with appropriate direction and guidance from the Process Performance Lead:
* Process and Performance Excellence Principles: Ability to advocate and actively contribute to a process driven culture by supporting a clear vision, exhibiting example behaviors, identify improvement opportunities, providing honest feedback, challenging the status quo, and maintaining a non-functional biased end to end process focus.
* Align Contributing Functions to E2E Process: Ability to support the alignment of cross functional business plans (budgets, resource allocations, objectives, regulatory requirements) with E2E process performance measurements and initiatives.
* Process Performance Methodology: Ability to support the evaluation of performance based on new and existing metrics and analytics. Provide recommendations or action plans for improvement and continue to build upon and utilize the foundational performance excellence hub structure.
* Facilitation support: Ability to lead or contribute to performance discussions by asking questions, providing data to support or validate viewpoints, encouraging participation, and ensuring that all participants' views are hear
* Technical Aptitude for Data Analysis: Ability to collect, normalize, and analyze data in order to determine correlations, trends, and predictions, and then leverage within an improvement strategy.
* Analytical Thinking: Ability to leverage and analyze data to identify critical information, develop hypothesis and make actionable recommendations for improving and continuing to build upon and utilize the foundational performance excellence hub structure.
* Negotiation: Ability to effectively communicate with others in order to arrive at a mutually agreeable settlement or compromise.
* Relationship Management: The ability to build and use robust internal and external relationships developed through trust and collaboration.
* Credibility and Communication: Ability to influence and interact effectively with people from different levels, perspectives and backgrounds.
This position is one of National Grid's career path roles which provide for promotional opportunities within and across salary bands as you develop and evolve in the position by gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.