Catholic Charities of Brooklyn and Queens Office Manager in Brooklyn, New York
* Maintain and coordinate general office services in a professional and courteous manner.
* Answer and responding to all calls to housing office in a courteous, resourceful manner.
* Collaborate with the Fiscal, Facility, Compliance and Occupancy departments of POP Management relating to tenant information and admission procedures.
* Ensure all office equipment including photocopier, fax machine, computers, & printers are working order.
* Maintain an accurate and orderly record keeping system office records. Assist with operations shared file management
* Set up, organize, and maintain confidential files and agency documents.
* Monitor, order, & purchase supplies as necessary.
* Render prompt and careful attention to all bills received for payment.
* Provide information to tenants or community inquiries who come to or call office
* Type meeting agendas, reports & correspondence as requested.
* Maintain data bases as required by Agency and department
* Develop professional system for responding to housing inquiries from the community.
* Respond to telephone and written requests from the public related to housing opportunities, including applicants who are on waiting list.
* As member of the POP Management central support team, work collaboratively as a team member to provide guidance and assistance to site staff as needed to ensure building staff are able to operate efficiently.
* The Office Manager will participate as a member of overall housing management team by ensuring information is shared with appropriate field and housing support staff and when appropriate, other areas of the Agency.
* Provide resource support to site staff to navigate CCBQ support services (ie IT)
* Attend agency meetings and trainings as required.
* Performs other duties as assigned
SPECIFICATIONS FOR EDUCATION/CERTIFICATIONS/LICENSES
* Associates Degree preferred
* High School Diploma or GED
SPECIFICATIONS FOR EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
* 2-3 years affordable housing, social service or related business experience.
* Demonstrated experience managing multiple tasks at the same time
* Excellent time management and organizational skills.
* Computer literate with proficiency in word processing/data entry skills.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Excellent interpersonal and team work skills.
* Possess the skills to appropriately assess/de-escalate/intervene in crisis
* Demonstrated ability to interact with multicultural staff
SPECIFICATIONS FOR PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
* Frequent sitting, standing, walking, bending, stooping, & climbing stairs.
* Ability to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, & office equipment.
* Able to manage multi-line telephone
* Must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
* Ability to read printed materials and computer screens.