JPMorgan Chase Asset and Wealth Management, Portfolio Analysis Group (PAG) - Controls Officer, VP in Brooklyn, New York
J.P. Morgan Asset & Wealth Management
J.P. Morgan Asset & Wealth Management is a leading asset manager for individuals, advisors and institutions. Our investment professionals are located around the world, providing strategies that span the full spectrum of asset classes.
As one of the largest asset and wealth managers in the world, with assets under management of over $1.5 trillion, we provide global market insights and a range of investment capabilities that few other firms can match.
Throughout our long and distinguished history, we have been steadfastly committed to putting our clients' interests first. This fiduciary responsibility defines our relationship with clients and informs the basis of every decision we make on their behalf. This core principle is the foundation of our business as we work to understand our clients' needs, offer informed advice and execute strategies to generate excess returns and provide world-class client solutions.
Operational Control team:
The Operational Control team is responsible for monitoring and governing all functions within the Portfolio Analytics Group Asset & Wealth Management (PAG AWM) to ensure adequate controls exist within the functions and provide oversight to the functions working closely with the functional operations leaders, other control officers and other lines of defense.
Description of Role
PAG AWM Operational Control team seeks a Vice President to support the controls function for PAG Asset Management providing leadership excellence and ensuring operational practices are in compliance with relevant risk standards, policies and regulations in order to maintain an effective control environment and to help support the management and oversight of various risk and control-related projects.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
· Monitoring LOB compliance with Operational Risk Management Framework and internal oversight including firm wide operational risk policies and procedures
· Understanding the end-to-end process and control environment for the PAG US PB/JPMS operations and Identify gaps in the process and control environment
· Proactively analyzes potential operational risks within the business
· Review and credible challenge business unit’s documented operational risk processes and procedures
· Promote risk and control awareness within the PAG Asia AM operations and serve as subject matter expert on organization-wide risk and control policies and procedures
· Partner with various internal groups throughout PAG Asset Management as necessary
· Partner with operations and technology to automate risk and control activities
· Recommend changes to improve management of risk, effectiveness of controls and their efficient execution
· Provide input into strategic programs to ensure effective design and execution
· Provide management metrics and reports on findings
· Leads business resiliency controls and initiatives
· 10+ years’ experience associated with Asset Management, Wealth Management business is preferred
· Working knowledge of banking operations, financial services laws and regulatory environment preferred
· Continuous improvement and change management mindset, questioning conventional ways of managing the business and driving change to improve processes
· Proven ability to anticipate and identify risks and effective mitigants
· Adept at developing relationships with senior business executives with a reputation for partnering across organization lines to mitigate risks
· Ability to adapt to changing business priorities; flexibility is key
· Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
· Strong project management and critical thinking ability
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.