TD Bank Credit Analyst III in Boston, Massachusetts
Auto req ID 218069BR
Job Title Credit Analyst III
Job Status Full Time
Country United States
Location Boston - State St (10th Fl)
Business line TD Bank AMCB
Job Category - Primary Commercial Banking
Job Category(s) Commercial Banking
TD Description About TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank®
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is one of the 10 largest banks in the U.S., providing more than 8 million customers with a full range of retail, small business and commercial banking products and services at approximately 1,300 convenient locations throughout the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Metro D.C., the Carolinas and Florida. In addition, TD Bank and its subsidiaries offer customized private banking and wealth management services through TD Wealth®, and vehicle financing and dealer commercial services through TD Auto Finance. TD Bank is headquartered in Cherry Hill, N.J. To learn more, visit www.tdbank.com. at http://www.tdbank.com/ Find TD Bank on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TDBank and on Twitter at www.twitter.com/TDBank_US .
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is a member of TD Bank Group and a subsidiary of The Toronto-Dominion Bank of Toronto, Canada, a top 10 financial services company in North America. The Toronto-Dominion Bank trades on the New York and Toronto stock exchanges under the ticker symbol "TD". To learn more, visit www.td.com at http://www.td.com/ .
The Credit Analyst III is responsible for conducting in-depth industry and financial analysis of existing and potential borrowers. This job works cooperatively to support the Lending and Credit functions of the Bank.
• Responsible for complex loans/industries/Customers.
• Works independently.
• Strong understanding of loan risk factors.
• May train/mentor/coach junior analysts.
• Researches industry specific information from outside sources, which may include conversation with Borrowers, industry publications, area libraries, references from other banks, credit agencies, as well as accessing information through the Internet.
• Participates in Customer meetings and make direct inquiry for specific Customer information based on prior research, experience and knowledge (may require travel at times).
• Integral part of loan origination process. Responsible for performing underwriting analysis of Borrower's character, credit worthiness and financial condition.
• Supports the lending function by providing analytical support.
• 4 year degree or equivalent experience.
• 3-5 years related experience required.
• Demonstrated knowledge of credit and financial analysis techniques.
• Strong understanding of loan risk factors.
• Demonstrated ability to independently gather, consolidate, analyze and summarize data to provide well-considered recommendations for all levels of commercial credit relationships.
• Proven ability to identify and quantify subtle business risks and the ability to identify key drivers of risk and focus discussions accordingly.
• Effective time management skills.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Well developed research and analytical skills.
• Exhibits self-confidence at all levels of conversation with the ability to defend analytical decisions.
• Developed PC skills including demonstrated proficiency and capability in word processing and spreadsheet software.
• Demonstrated ability to maintain the confidentiality of credit and Customer information.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and a team orientation.
• Ability to coach, train and lead junior staff in credit and financial analysis techniques.
- Must be eligible for employment under regulatory standards applicable to the position.
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live in and serve, and creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach her/his potential.
If you are a candidate with a disability and need an accommodation to complete the application process, email the TD Bank US Workplace Accommodations Program at USWAPTDO@td.com . Include your full name, best way to reach you, and the accommodation needed to assist you with the application process.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
**Province/State (Primary) Massachusetts
City (Primary) Boston
Federal law prohibits job discrimination based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, equal pay, disability and genetic information.