Copper Mountain Resort Food and Beverage Outlet Chef in Bend, Oregon
Position Summary: The Outlet Chef is a culinary leader for the resort. Provides leadership and training for all 'back of the house' positions in F&B. To provide and maintain a professional culinary operation and control expenses relative to the operation. Develops a defined food program with set standards and continuously checks the quality of food being offered to our guests.
Essential Duties and responsibilities:
- Develops, adheres to and enforces Culinary Guidelines.
- Financial: forecasting, scheduling, costing schedule,
- Variance reports and cost transfers.
- End of month responsibilities: Taking and extending physical inventory and making sure all transfers are accounted for.
- Develops and sets standards for food program. Checks quality of all food served and produced.
- Responsible for scheduling staff for external training classes.
- Responsible that staff has proper (usable) equipment to perform tasks, and make sure it is in good condition.
- Responsible for ordering and receiving all provisions needed for outlet operation.
- Supports company's goals and philosophies
- Act as a spokesperson for the culinary department by giving information to culinary and service staff.
- Constantly refine kitchen systems and techniques. Sets example and develops system processes for all culinary staff to operate under.
- Meet with outlet manager on a regular basis.
- Leads team with strategic planning regarding financial planning, menu development, cost control and positioning of restaurant.
- Performs all duties in any outlet they may be assisting in.
- Addresses and corrects all culinary issues promptly and fairly.
- Works with an ongoing concern for menu development.
- Plans for the future in regard to capital projects, staffing, and food program.
- Recognize and develop key staff members with the effective use of delegation.
- Maintains sanitary and clean outlet.
- Follows proper ordering, receiving, preparation, and storage procedures for food products.
- Maintains budgeted CGS for their outlet.
- Confirms that all staff adhere to all recipes.
Specific Job Skills: License/Certifications- Has a degree from a two year + culinary school, Valid OLCC, OR Food Handler's Card and a Valid Driver's License.
Technical- Excellent computer skills, Windows, POS experience, inventory tracking system, Microsoft Office.
Physical Capabilities- able to lift at least 50 pounds, Able to stand 6+ hours at a time. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
Additional- Must have a positive attitude, plus an ability to meet and work under deadlines. Experience with leading teams, guest service and problem solving required. Flexible with hours and days of work. Able to work any hours of the day, any days of the week.
Minimum education required- Formal Culinary Training preferred, or five years professional experience in a resort environment.
Minimum time in related position- 5 years supervisory experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled