Coinstar Sr. Product Manager - Bellevue, WA in Bellevue, Washington
At Coinstar, we love our customers, and we’re passionate about providing a convenient, reliable, and accurate way for them to turn their loose change into cash, NO FEE eGift Cards, or charitable donations—instantly. We strive to provide a consistent, positive, and exceptional customer experience. Over the past 25 years, Coinstar has turned that passion into the 20,000 familiar kiosks you see in grocery stores and other locations across the U.S., Canada, Germany, the UK, and Ireland. We process about $3 billion worth of coins a year! As Coinstar continues to grow, offering exciting new services and expanding to new locations worldwide, our need to find extraordinary employees who share our vision grows as well.
If you have a customer-centric mindset, take pride in and ownership of your work, and are results-oriented, then the Sr. Product Manager role is the right role for you. You’ll have the opportunity to take on a variety of challenging and rewarding projects in a supportive, collaborative work environment.
Along the way, you’ll gain valuable knowledge and experience to help ensure your success and growth in the company. We offer competitive compensation and benefits as well as a great work-life balance and casual-yet-professional atmosphere. You get the visibility and camaraderie of a small company along with the excitement of helping it grow.
The Senior Product Manager in Bellevue, WA is responsible for driving all phases of product initiatives and building solid, collaborative, relationships across the organization with regard to kiosk and financial products. This position communicates vision and business value through storytelling and data and shares ideas and concepts between business and technical parties. The Senior Product Manager works alongside a team of high-performing Product Managers and Engineers, and partners closely with senior leaders across several divisions within Coinstar LLC to drive the strategy for our core product offering. This role thinks strategically and executes methodically focusing on building the right long-term solutions while delivering short to mid-term incremental results.
• Lead the development of the product vision and strategy (from concept to launch) supported by internal and external analysis with an ultimate goal to identify and optimize the top business drivers for growth.
• Develop detailed, crisp business requirements and user stories that can be used to create product specifications and architecture for each product.
• Deepen product relevance by building empathy for the customer and understanding of their needs.
• Use product data and analytics, AB testing, and other sources of customer and market feedback to track and support product decisions.
• Partner effectively with various internal teams, including software and hardware engineering, QA, technical support, sales and customer service; understand their role and needs in supporting the product.
• Work closely with the marketing group to ensure alignment on user experience, and marketing strategy.
• Collaborate with other stakeholders on crafting the user experience, and safeguarding usability and simplicity.
• Define the product vision and roadmap while leading the delivery of valuable features across the product portfolio.
• Develop and maintain a robust working knowledge base of industry, the category as well as the needs and wants of the customer in order to deepen product relevance and build toward product success.
• Lead prioritization and trade-offs among customer experience, performance, and operational support.
Education & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree required, MBA preferred.
• 7+ years’ product management, program management, or business analyst experience in a retail consumer-facing, software based business, or similar.
• Understanding of Agile software development methodologies, values and procedures; experience working with technical and other teams in an agile environment.
• Certification as Scrum product owner is a plus.
• Deep understanding of business fundamentals across multiple domains, including retail.
• Experience with data and metrics; SQL skills are a plus.
• Background in financial product management a plus.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Excellent business acumen with ability to build business cases, manage a P&L, and launch and grow products.
• Must be highly analytical, inventive, customer and team oriented, and have an ability to work independently under time constraints to meet deadlines.
• Natural ability to influence and collaborate with multiple functions throughout the company.
• Ability to manage feature releases in a lean product, iterative environment
• Ability to prioritize complex deliverables, understand and discuss technical concepts, manage trade-offs, and run meetings with technical and business leaders.
• Ability to establish trusted partnerships with other company leaders.
• Excellent written and oral communication.
• Comfortable creating a product vision, using tools such as wireframes and user experience flows (with support from creative design team); user-centered design or design thinking skills a plus.
• Proven financial modeling and business analysis with an ability to mine for data as the situation requires (SQL skills a plus).
• Demonstrated skills in building and executing a “go-to-market” strategy, including marketing strategy.
• Must be naturally inquisitive with relentless attention to detail in order to optimize product performance.
• Demonstrated leadership skills with a proven ability to lead through influence vs. authority.
• This position requires little to no travel.
Sedentary work involves remaining in a stationary position most of the time in front of a computer, using a keyboard, mouse and telephone. Regularly operate a computer and other office equipment. Occasionally move about the work site to access file cabinets, office equipment, etc. Exert up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or regularly move objects. Communicate and exchange information with co-workers and other individuals in person and electronically.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Coinstar, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/color, religion, age, genetic information, disability, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran status or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
If you require an accommodation in order to apply for a job, please contact Coinstar Human Resources at 425-943-8000.