SMG Maintenance Technician I in Baltimore, Maryland
GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY for an individual seeking a career in Operations/Maintenance JOIN our team as an important member of one of the Nation's Premier Sports & Entertainment Venues. With over 55 years of top name talent gracing our stage, this is an extraordinary hands on opening to work where sports figures and teams have left their blood, sweat and tears of victory right on our very floor. Maintenance Technician I performs a variety of skilled and semi-skilled work to maintain all physical aspects of the facility as well as the operation and maintenance of all mechanical/electrical systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Skilled and Semi-Skilled Maintenance and Repair:
Perform painting, flooring, carpentry, plumbing, masonry, glass repair, roofing and construction as directed at a highly skilled level inclusive of but not limited to...
Drywall installation and repair
- Detailed professional painting
- Ceiling repairs
- Carpet and ceramic tile installation
- Plumbing repairs and maintenance to drainage and irrigation systems, commercial kitchen equipment, commercial restrooms and hot water systems.
- Complete routine preventive maintenance for: sprinkler system, engine room, generator, message boards, monitors, elevators, air-handler units and HVAC systems and ice plant...inclusive of lubricating and cleaning machinery and mechanical systems.
- Ability to assist/handle major facility projects such as but not limited to complete renovations and new construction.
Building Inspections and Preventive Maintenance:
- Daily inspection of all aspects of the facility including operating systems to detect malfunction and/or needed repairs.
- Completion of the Maintenance Pre, Post, and Event Checklists for all applicable events (when needed).
- Maintain all shops in a clean and organized manner.
- Assist with upkeep of facility grounds when necessary (inclusive of snow removal, mowing, tree trimming, etc.)
- Ability to read and understand schematic diagrams.
- Maintain written daily activity log.
- Request, compare, and advise most cost effective purchasing.
- Initiate Purchase Requisitions
- Maintain sub-contractor and vendor records and other data as required to support and verify payments and documentation of work performed.
- Check email daily at the beginning of each shift and communicate/update via email -- includes but not limited to receiving work orders, updates of status of work, materials needed to be ordered, etc.
- Maintain and update SMG Maintenance Manager (Altum) computer program daily.
- Work with Director to prioritize work orders and managing materials to complete work orders by deadlines.
- Maintain strong working relationship with co-workers, outside contractors, vendors and the public.
- Equipment operation to include forklift, snow removal and lawn maintenance equipment, power tools and associated equipment.
- Provide telephone line installation, telephone maintenance/repair and trouble-shooting of telephone operating system.
- On-Call status for building emergencies and inclement weather responsibilities.
- Assist Operations Crew as directed.
- Respond to promoter requests and event requirements.
- Complies with all OSHA/MOSHA regulations. Ensures facility is in compliance with same.
- Complies with all building safety programs and building procedures.
- This position requires physical labor, including lifting up to 50 lbs, walking, standing or bending for extended periods of time.
- Communicate effectively with all Directors and co-workers.
- Other duties as assigned.
As this position is classified Essential Personnel, mandatory overtime may be required. Additionally, an employee may be required to work before and/or after regularly scheduled shift and/or work through breaks and lunch-time.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must possess the ability to perform all essential duties and responsibilities in a satisfactory manner. Must possess a valid driver's license and have a reliable form of transportation.
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively under deadlines dictated by event schedules and project timetables.
- Skilled and semi-skilled maintenance and repair in carpentry, plumbing, HVAC, Mechanical and Electrical.
- Demonstrated skill use with all common hand tools, power tools, meters and equipment typically utilized in facilities maintenance.
- Basic computer skills (inclusive of email).
- Ability to work independently and in group settings with limited supervision.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled