Apple Tax Analyst - Latin America in Austin, Texas
Tax Analyst - Latin America
Job Number: 114314217
Austin, Texas, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish.
Do you love thinking analytically? Are you passionate about using your financial knowledge to navigate complex challenges? Just as our customers find value in Apple products, the Finance group finds value for both Apple and its shareholders. As part of this group, you’ll play an integral role in ensuring our day-to-day financial health. You and your team will support Apple’s growth, both top and bottom line, by applying the same level of innovation toward financial matters as we do toward our products and services. Finance is essential to upholding our global dedication to excellence, and it is directly responsible for shaping the company’s future. Join us, and you’ll have an important role in continuing Apple’s legacy of efficiency and success.
Apple’s Global Business Solutions (GBS) organization supports tens of thousands of Apple employees, customers and vendors on just about every topic under the sun. We offer advice and develop innovative solutions to challenging problems that come up all around the world.
We are searching for a Tax Analyst with an analytical mind to join the Latin America Tax team. You will play an integral part in managing the local direct and indirect tax compliance for the region, driving global consistency in systems & processes and identifying standardization and simplification opportunities.
This position is based in Austin, TX.
Experience in tax compliance is required, at least 2 years in the Latin America region
High degree of proficiency in Excel required
Experience with Tableau, FileMaker and SAP are a plus
Ability to proactively solve problems
Good command of English and Spanish, both written and spoken
Strong analysis skills
The ability to recognize issues within processes and organizations
Ability to work effectively across multiple geographies and cultures
A passion for business process excellence
Mature, responsible, customer-oriented with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Flexible in working with tight deadlines*
In addition to the standard local tax calculation and reporting for Latin America, this position will provide strategic solutions and process improvements on a day-to-day basis. You will develop subject matter expertise in local tax compliance and create process flows that comply with local regulations. Other responsibilities are:
• Drive process and efficiency improvements through innovation
• Collaboratively establish and implement consistent and effective processes across the Latin America entities
• Develop and innovate processes to standardize tax calculations across the region
• Able to manage large data sets summarize it and reconcile with multiple sources, engage with our main partners when needed to fix any deviation
• Create standard reports for audit purposes based on FileMaker, Tableau or Excel
• Reconcile large volume of information for accuracy on local reporting.
• Liaise with external advisors & auditors, including information requests preparation or review, deadline tracking and timely responses
• Drive the resolution of any key control; create the relationship with key agents to ensure tax compliance
• Tax accounts analysis and reconciliations
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting or other relevant field