Capgemini Enterprise Architect - Enterprise Data Modeler, Hadoop, Teradata - Austin, TX in Austin, Texas
Responsible for the fundamental data of Hadoop and Relational system embodied in its components, their relationships to each other and to the environment, and the principles guiding its design and evolution.
Data Modeler: Develops the Enterprise Logical Data Model (LDM) and project Logical and Physical Data Models (PDM) including data warehouse and data mart designs. Facilitates JAD sessions to determine data rules, and holds LDM Reviews with Data SMEs, Data Modeler (peer reviews), Development teams, and architecture teams. Applies client naming standards, and metadata standards, checks models in and out of Model Repository, and documents data model translation decisions.
Maps data lineage across implementations. This position includes use of data modeling and data profiling tools and techniques, and development of review and QA data requirements.
Candidates should be flexible / willing to work across this delivery landscape which includes and not limited to Agile Applications Development, Support and Deployment.
Applicants for employment in the US must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US by Capgemini.
Hadoop/Teradata Modeler (7 – 9 years):
• More than 5 years in BI DW experience.
• 5 Years Teradata technology hands on.
• Experience writing Teradata SQL queries and Stored Procedures.
• 3 years of experience as a Data Modeler, Data Architect.
• Experience or deep knowledge on any of Teradata Logical Models like FSLDM, CLDM, MLDM etc.
• Must have experience with data model tools like ErWin, Power Designer, ER-Model etc.
• Experience in analyzing and data profiling in data warehouse.
• Experience in Dimension modeling.
• Insight in Conceptual and Logical Data Modeling.
• Should be able to work in Physical Model and experience in Reverse / Forward engineering.
• Enhance new data elements to Data Model.
• Experience in analyzing performance and creating table indexes to improve database performance
• Experience in preparing metadata documentation, relationships on data warehouse & data mart structures
• Analyze and profile data from multiple strategic sources.
• Experience in ETL framework and help developers.
• Experience in BI projects Design and coding.
• Troubleshoot and fix issues during SIT & UAT.
• Good in communication and negotiation during review meetings and other stake holders
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant - http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of 200,000 team members in over 40 countries. The Group reported 2017 global revenues of EUR 12.8 billion (about $14.4 billion USD at 2017 average rate).
Visit us at www.capgemini.com . People matter, results count.
Organization: I AND D US
Title: Enterprise Architect - Enterprise Data Modeler, Hadoop, Teradata - Austin, TX
Requisition ID: 039452