Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration Management Analyst in Atlanta, Georgia
THIS ANNOUNCEMENT IS OPEN TO CAREER TRANSITION ASSISTANCE PLAN (CTAP) ELIGIBLE APPLICANTS ONLY. PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE ANNOUNCEMENT BEFORE APPLYING TO THIS POSITION.
The Management Analyst position is located in the Analytics & Informatics (A&I;) division of VHA Member Services (MS), Enterprise Support Services. The position supports MS contact center operations and provides end users, management, and other VHA organizations with analytical and statistical information.
Learn more about this agency
Duties of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Serves as the business intelligence (BI) and data mining analyst, and performs analysis to support data warehouse development, deploys BI and reporting tools, and delivers self-service reporting and analytic solutions.
- Maintains accuracy and data integrity of databases, spreadsheets, and data warehouses.
- Prepares quantitative and qualitative analysis and research studies to include a wide array of benefits and health care-related issues.
- Interprets, analyzes, and evaluates operations data and results for internal presentations.
- Develops computer-programming applications to automate routine data query and extraction.
- Provides data processing support for VA surveys, program evaluation, and special studies.
- Develops recommendations for corrective actions and methods to achieve efficient and effective operations. Work Schedule:Monday - Friday between the hours of 7:00 AM and 5:00 PM. Telework: Yes Virtual: This is not a virtual position. Position Description/PD#: Management Analyst/PD# 00324A Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not authorized Financial Disclosure Report: Not required.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
- #### Job family (Series)
0343 Management And Program Analysis
- Analysts, Business Management
- Analysts, Management
- Analysts, Program
- Business Intelligence Analysts
- Business Management Analysts
Conditions of Employment
- You must be a U.S. Citizen to apply for this job
- Designated and/or random drug testing may be required
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959
- You may be required to serve a probationary period
- Subject to background/security investigation
- Selected applicants will be required to complete an online onboarding process
- Open to Career Transition Assistance Program (CTAP) applicants only
To qualify for this position, applicants must meet all requirements by the closing date of this announcement, 10/04/2018.
Career Transition Assistance Program (CTAP) Requirements:To be eligible for consideration under CTAP, you must be a current Veterans Affairs employee who has received an official notice stating that your position is no longer needed or that you will be separated by reduction in force (RIF). You must meet all of the following requirements for consideration of this position:
- You have an official notice from the VA saying that your position is no longer needed (surplus employee) or that you will be a displaced employee separated by reduction in force (RIF). You must attach a copy of that notice to your application.
- You have a current performance rating of at least "fully successful." You must attach a copy of your most recent performance appraisal to your application.
- You occupy a position in the same local commuting area of the vacancy. You must attach your most recent non-award SF-50 to your application.
- You hold or have held the target grade of this position or higher (GS-11). You must attach a SF-50 showing that you hold a GS-11 or higher to support this.
- You are "well qualified" for the position.
Minimum Requirements for GS-11:
- Specialized Experience: You must have one year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the next lower grade (GS-09) in the normal line of progression for the occupation in the organization. Examples of specialized experience would typically include, but are not limited to: coordinating data from different databases in preparation for integrated analysis and interpretation of highly specialized data; using statistical theories and techniques to solve problems and draw rational inferences; preparing and presenting comprehensive reports using automated systems such as Server Reporting Services (SRS), Visual Studio, Structured Query Language (SQL), or Business Intelligence (BI); assembling and presenting analytical and statistical findings in graphic, chart, and narrative form; and developing procedures and recommendations for quality improvements in data collection and statistical information systems. OR,
- Education: Applicants may substitute education for the required experience. To qualify based on education for this grade level, you must have successfully completed a Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree or 3 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree. Such education must demonstrate the knowledge, skills, and abilities to do the work of the position. OR,
- Combination: Applicants may also combine education and experience to qualify at this level. If you have some, but not all, of the experience or education described above, you may still qualify by combining the amount of creditable experience and education that you possess. To compute the percentage, divide your total months of qualifying experience by 12. Then, divide your semester hours of graduate education beyond the second year (total graduate semester hours minus 36) by 18. Add the two percentages. The total percentage must equal at least 100 percent to qualify. (Note: You must attach a copy of your transcripts) APPLICANTS MUST BE DETERMINED TO BE WELL-QUALIFIED TO BE REFERRED AS CTAP ELIGIBLE.Well-qualified means the applicant has the knowledge, skills, and abilities and/or competencies which clearly exceed the minimum qualification requirements for the vacancy, including time-in-grade and quality level of experience. Applicants will be rated on the competencies listed below for this vacancy and must receive a score of at least 85 percent to be considered well-qualified.
You will be rated on the following Competencies for this position: * Database Management Systems * Mathematical Reasoning * Organizational Performance Analysis Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religions; spiritual; community; student; social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Note: A full year of work is considered to be 35-40 hours of work per week. Part-time experience will be credited on the basis of time actually spent in appropriate activities. Applicants wishing to receive credit for such experience must indicate clearly the nature of their duties and responsibilities in each position and the number of hours a week spent in such employment.
Physical Requirements:Work of the position is primarily sedentary.
A transcript must be submitted with your application if you are basing all or part of your qualifications on education.
PLEASE NOTE: Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications (particularly positions with a positive education requirement). Therefore, applicants must report only attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. Applicants can verify accreditation at the following website: http://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html. All education claimed by applicants will be verified by the appointing agency accordingly. If you are using foreign education to meet qualification requirements, you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your transcript in order to receive credit for that education.
VA supports the use of telework as a way to help attract and retain talented individuals in public service, increase worker productivity, and better prepare the agency to operate during emergencies. This position may be authorized for telework. Telework eligibility will be discussed during the interview process.
The Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) provide eligible displaced VA competitive service employees with selection priority over other candidates for competitive service vacancies. To be qualified you must submit appropriate documentation (a copy of the agency notice, your most recent performance rating, and your most recent SF-50 noting current position, grade level, and duty location) and be found well-qualified (have a final rating of 85 or more) for this vacancy. Information about CTAP eligibility is on OPM's Career Transition Resources website at http://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/workforce-restructuring/employee-guide-to-career-transition/.
Placement Policy: The posting of this announcement does not obligate management to fill a vacancy or vacancies by promotion.
It is the policy of the VA to not deny employment to those that have faced financial hardships or periods of unemployment.
This job opportunity announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies.
For more information on the "Who may apply" eligibility requirements, please refer to the OHRM Status Candidates and Other Candidate Definitions document.
If you are unable to apply online view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
IN DESCRIBING YOUR EXPERIENCE, PLEASE BE CLEAR AND SPECIFIC. WE WILL NOT MAKE ASSUMPTIONS REGARDING YOUR EXPERIENCE.
Narrative responses are not required at this time. If you are referred for consideration, you may be asked to submit additional job related information, which may include, but not limited to; responses to the knowledge, skills and abilities; completion of a work sample, and/or contact for an interview.Your resume and/or supporting documentation will be verified. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
- Required Documents
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
1. Resume:A resume describing your job-related qualifications is required. It must contain each position title, beginning and ending dates (month/year) of employment, average number of hours worked per week, grade (if Federal), salary, and a description of duties so that we may best assess your qualifications. If more than one resume is received, only the last resume received and processed will be reviewed.
2. Transcripts (if using education to qualify): A copy of your transcripts showing degree and confer date. Failure to provide transcripts will result in you being rated ineligible for this position. We accept unofficial transcripts, as long as they contain the applicant's name, name of the school, the date and degree that was awarded. If you are using foreign education to meet qualification requirements, you must send a "Certificate of Foreign Equivalency" with your transcript in order to receive credit for that education.
3. CTAP Documentation: You must submit a Certification of Expected Separation, a Reduction-In-Force Separation Notice, or a Notice of Proposed Removal; SF-50 that documents the RIF separation action; most recent performance appraisal; and a copy of your most recent SF-50 noting current position, grade level, and duty location. Please clearly state in your application package that you are applying as a CTAP eligible.
The following documents are accepted, and may be required if applicable to your eligibility and/or qualifications for this position. Please use this checklist to make sure you have included other documents required for your application. You will not be contacted for additional information.
- Cover Letter
- CTAP Documents
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
- How to Apply
How to Apply
All applicants are encouraged to apply online.To apply for this position, you must complete the questionnaire and submit the documentation specified in the Required Documents section below. The complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (ET) on 10/04/2018 to receive consideration. To preview the questionnaire click https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10309499.
- To begin, click Apply Online to create a USA JOBS account or log in to your existing account. Follow the prompts to select your USA JOBS resume and/or other supporting documents and complete the occupational questionnaire.
- Click Submit My Answers to submit your application package. NOTE: It is your responsibility to ensure your responses and appropriate documentation is submitted prior to the closing date. To verify your application is complete, log into your USA JOBS account, https://my.usajobs.gov/Account/Login, select the Application Status link and then select the more information link for this position. The Application page will display the status of your application, the documentation received and processed, and any correspondence the agency has sent related to this application. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process. To return to an incomplete application, log into your USA JOBS account and click Update Application in the vacancy announcement. You must re-select your resume and/or other documents from your USA JOBS account or your application will be incomplete.
Agency contact information
VHA Member Services 3401 SW 21st St Bldg 9 Topeka, KS 66604 US
Learn more about this agency
Once your online application is submitted you will receive a confirmation notification by email. After we receive application packages (including all required documents) and the vacancy announcement closes, we will review applications to ensure qualification and eligibility requirements are met. After the review is complete, a referral certificate(s) is issued and applicants will be notified of their status by email. Referred applicants will be notified as such and may be contacted directly by the hiring office for an interview. All referred applicants receive a final notification once a selection decision has been made.
You may check the status of your application at any time by logging into your USA Jobs account and clicking on Applications. Information regarding your application status can be found in the USAJobs Help Center.
- Fair & Transparent
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
Legal and regulatory guidance
- Financial suitability
- Social security number request
- Privacy Act
- Signature and false statements
- Selective Service
- New employee probationary period
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/510851600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 09/13/2018 to 10/04/2018
Pay scale & grade: GS 11
Salary: $61,218 to $83,580 per year
Appointment type: Permanent
Work schedule: Full-Time