Grant Thornton LLP Transaction Services Financial Diligence Manager in Arlington, Virginia
Grant Thornton is collaborative, entrepreneurial and on the move. As part of a dynamic global organization of 47,000 people serving clients in more than 140 countries, we have the agility and focus it takes to be a leader.
Transaction Services – Financial Diligence Manager
Grant Thornton’s Advisory professionals are progressive thinkers who create, protect, transform value today, so our clients have the opportunity to thrive and grow. Our advisory practice creates holistic solutions delivered by innovative, curious professionals who bring technical depth and industry insight to our clients. Transaction services creates value. Our Transaction Services (TS) delivery model includes the entire transaction life-cycle enabling engagement opportunities throughout the lifetime of a deal. TS services includes Diligence, Corporate Value Consulting, Strategic Solutions and Tax.
The Financial Diligence Manager is responsible for overseeing all phases of project and engagement management for multiple clients in a wide variety of industries. Responsibilities include planning, directing, and completing projects and services in financial due diligence and developing and managing staff. The Financial Diligence Manager works closely with partners and staff and plays a key role in client management, practice development, and business development for an assigned group of clients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage Transactions Services (TS) engagements throughout the transaction process, and coordinate the work performed by multiple service lines and cross-functional teams.
- Plan, execute, direct and complete financial due diligence for financial and corporate strategic buyers from a variety of industries, including manufacturing and distribution, non-profit, high-tech, real estate, and financial services.
- Manage client expectations concerning project deliverables and deadlines and lead change efforts effectively.
- Develop and maintain strong client relationships and cross-sell services.
- Team with partners and senior managers on proposals and business development calls.
- Meet or exceed targeted billing hours (utilization).
- Communicate (verbally and in writing) externally with clients and internally with all levels of the organization to successfully accomplish objectives portraying knowledge and confidence
- Recruit, manage, mentor, and train senior associates and associates.
- Assess performance of senior associates and associates for engagement and year-end reviews.
Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business Administration, or related field. Advanced degree preferred.
- 6 to 10 years of related work experience in a similar consulting practice or function servicing cross-industry clients at a national level.
- CPA, CAMS, CRCM, ACFCS, CISA, CISSP, CIA, CISM or related license/certification.
- Solid experience in the following: accounting, audit or transaction advisory services.
- Strong current knowledge in US GAAP, GAAS, SEC Reporting, transaction advisory services or mergers and acquisitions.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and simultaneous projects in a rapidly growing practice.
- Strong leadership, business development, recruitment, training, and mentoring skills
- Excellent written, presentation, leadership, and interpersonal communications skills.
- Availability to work additional hours and/or travel as needed. BENEFITS:
Grant Thornton LLP promotes a nationally recognized culture of health and offers an extensive array of benefits to meet individual lifestyles. For a complete list of benefits please visit http://www.gt.com/.
Founded in Chicago in 1924, Grant Thornton LLP (Grant Thornton) is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International Ltd, one of the world’s leading organizations of independent audit, tax and advisory firms. Grant Thornton has revenue in excess of $1.6 billion and operates 59 offices across the United States with more than 590 partners and 8,500 employees in the U.S. and at our Shared Services Center in Bangalore, India.
Grant Thornton works with a broad range of publicly and privately held companies, government agencies, financial institutions, and civic and religious organizations. Core industries served include consumer and industrial products, financial services, not-for-profit, private equity, and technology. Grant Thornton focuses on serving dynamic organizations that pursue growth holistically — whether through revenue improvement, leadership, mission fulfillment or innovation.
It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Title: Transaction Services Financial Diligence Manager
Requisition ID: 041836