Grant Thornton LLP Acquisition Support Specialist in Alexandria, Virginia
Grant Thornton is seeking a Senior Associate to join its Performance Transformation service line and take an active role in engagement execution, project management and key business development activities.
Grant Thornton’s Global Public Sector helps executives and managers at all levels of government maximize performance and efficiency in the face of ever tightening budgets and increased demand for services. Our public sector team members find solutions that help government leaders with issues including acquisitions, financial management, human capital, information technology and performance management in federal, state, local and international governments.
At Grant Thornton, our professional staff applies traditional, cutting-edge approaches and methods to a variety of analyses. As part of our team, the Senior Associate will utilize various methodologies and models to execute client projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: * Collaboration with requirements team to ensure delivery of defined capabilities are reflected within schedule. * Collaborate with outreach team to provide status updates to stakeholders * Support the IC DTE Governance boards as applicable. * Provide support to Task Orders and PWS from ICCs and other contracting issues * Provide recommendations for strategies and plans designed to foster excellence in systems engineering, obtainment, of enterprise objectives and contract performance. * Support development and maintenance of solicitation documentation and source selection schedules. * Identify capability implementations/demonstration approaches and coordinate with other NGA architectural concepts. * Provide expertise in program/project milestone review planning and coordination. * Provide support to strategy development for acquisition strategies based upon. * NGA/DIA/DoD/IC acquisition reform. * Assess current contracts, along with acquisition trends from other agencies and other software development and COTS integration contracts to identify opportunities for implementing acquisition reform principles. * Advise client on FARs, DoD, IC and agency supplements. * Draft and review statutory and regulatory acquisition planning documents. * Provide management and technology assessments of contractor solutions and processes. * Evaluate technical and schedule progress of contractor efforts. * Meet or exceed targeted billing hours (utilization). * Assist with business development activities, such as proposals, capture, account teams, whitepapers, conferences, and/or other thought leadership materials.
- TS/SCI and CI Polygraph required.
- In-depth knowledge of FAR and DFAR documentation.
- Experience within the IC and the IC IT Enterprise providers.
- ITIL v.3 or later professional certification.
- 8 years’ experience with DoD/IC Acquisition.
- Excellent written & oral communications.
- Customer service oriented.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member under tight deadlines in changing environment.
- Proficiency in MS Office Tool Suite.
- Bachelor’s Degree required from an accredited college or university in a related field.
- Ability to obtain and maintain certain job-related certifications if no job-related advanced degrees.
- U.S. citizenship may be required. Ability to work in the United States indefinitely required.
- Travel may be required.
- Ability to work overtime required on occasion.
- Ability to sit in an office environment for long periods of time.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
- Ability to communicate clearly in writing and verbally.
- Ability to obtain and maintain firm independence and abide by firm ethics requirements.
- Meet or exceed continuing professional education (CPE) requirements. Grant Thornton LLP is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International, one of the six global accounting, tax and business advisory organizations. Grant Thornton’s Global Public Sector, based in Alexandria, VA, is a global management consulting business with the mission of providing responsive and innovative financial, performance management and systems solutions to governments and international organizations. Visit Grant Thornton’s Global Public Sector atwww.grantthornton.com/publicsector.
It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Title: Acquisition Support Specialist
Requisition ID: 036742