Gilbane Building Company MEP Superintendent in Albany, New York
5541-244 Job Description
At Gilbane we're building more than buildings, we're helping create schools, hospitals, laboratories and other facilities that will be helping people live better for decades to come. As a fifth generation family business we've built the best team in the industry with a culture of caring that treats every one of our employees as a trusted member of the Gilbane family. We also invest in our employees' education and have built Gilbane University into the top training organization in the construction industry. If you have the desire to make a real difference in people's lives and become part of a growing organization that treats you like member of the family - you will feel right at home at Gilbane.
PRIMARY FUNCTION: MEP Superintendent supports the Project Manager, General Superintendent or Senior General Superintendent to ensure that company MEP policies and procedures are followed in the field in regard to safety, scheduling, budget, quality and customer satisfaction. The Area Superintendent may be the lead superintendent on small projects or be responsible for a specific area of a larger project.
TYPICAL RESPONSIBILITIES/DUTIES: MEP Superintendent typical responsibilities and duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Supervise the work of MEPF trade contractors in several areas of a project
- Enforce high safety standards including a clean job site
- Manage and perform weekly safety inspections
- Inspect the quality of work for compliance with design standard and ensure corrective action occurs if/when necessary
- Work collaboratively on the schedule for individual trade contractors or areas of a project to ensure milestone dates are met
- Coordinate and manage general conditions work and project logistics
- Review vendor drawings and submittals
- Review details with A/E and subcontractors to ensure work is in compliance with document plan
- Review contractors Quality Plan
- Prepare and distribute daily reports
- Resolve jurisdictional disputes
- Establish credibility among Owners, trade contractors, unions etc. by maintaining a fair and trustworthy environment
- BS or MS degree in Engineering or Construction Management
- 5-8 years experience on $5-15 million commercial/industrial construction projects in a superintendent role
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Strong technical and communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to adapt to changing needs
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Prolog
- Construction-document and drawing literate, with knowledge of all phases of construction
- Experience and proficiency in all divisions of work, methods, materials, scheduling and cost control
- OSHA 30 hour certified
Excellent total compensation package which includes competitive health and welfare benefits, generous profit-sharing/401k plan, as well as technical and management training programs.
Gilbane has an unwavering focus on safety, the environment and caring about everyone involved in our work.
Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
Gilbane is not accepting unsolicited resumes from third party recruiters at this time.
Albany, New York, United StatesPosition Type
Gilbane is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to age, color, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability status.