Polaris Industries Buyer in Wyoming, Minnesota
JOB SUMMARY: Manages the supply base to ensure that all suppliers meet expectations for quality, delivery, cost and technology.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Work as part of the Fabrication Category Team to develop and execute category strategies, onboard and manage suppliers, and achieve individual and team goals.
• Manage the total acquisition cost of assigned purchased components.
• Prepares and solicits requests for quotes and proposals.
• Coordinate the implementation of cost reduction projects, including Value Analysis / Value Engineering projects.
• Monitor supplier lead-times and production capacity to ensure that schedule flexibility and on time delivery goals are met.
• Conduct in-depth analysis of costing information provided by supplier and supplier's financial reporting.
• Coordinates and communicates new component releases and design changes with suppliers.
• Ensures that tooling is appropriate based on cost and quality requirements. Negotiate tooling cost with suppliers in North America and China.
• Leads negotiations and problem resolution discussions with suppliers and ensures the adequacy and timeliness of supplier correction action plans.
• Identifies new product and process technologies and facilitates introducing the organization to suppliers that may possess new or superior technical capabilities.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
• Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain, Business Administration or technical area
• APICS CPIM and/or ISM C.P.M./A.P.P. desired.
MINIMUM WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• Previous Materials/Purchasing experience is a plus but is not required.
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
• Effective negotiation, communication, decision making and problem solving skills.
• Highly organized and effective in managing multiple priorities and deadlines.
• Proven strength in working effectively cross-functionally.
• Ability to professionally represent Polaris by developing productive working relationships with suppliers.
• Capable of reading and interpreting engineering documentation and technical data.
• Fundamental knowledge of MAPICS MRP and web-based business systems desired.
• Fast-paced office environment.
• 5-25% travel may be required
Job Title Buyer
Location US - Wyoming, MN
Country United States
Job Category Purchasing/Logistics
Employment Level D (Exempt)