AbbVie NPI Manager in Worcester, Massachusetts
Here at AbbVie we are looking for a New Product Introduction Manager to oversee the functions associated with technical transfer of processes (both internal and client projects, new and returning projects) and associated documentation within the biologics production facility. Further functions include planning, organizing and directing document writers in order to meet production, quality, safety and financial demands of the operations area. The NPI Manager provides support for quality, cost management and employee/business development initiatives. This role will be based in our Worcester, MA location.
- Assist direct reports in troubleshooting and completing the technical transfer process.
- Provide technical knowledge and training to efficiently produce the highest quality products and documentation.
- Interface with clients and project teams to provide direction and guidance on the technical transfer process.
- Develop and manage staff through hiring, managing performance, promotions, disciplinary action, performance evaluations, and developing staff both individually and as a work team.
- Provide support for equipment installations/upgrades, new product development, innovative processing solutions, and existing clinical and commercial products to help drive growth.
- Responsible for managing department expenses and performance measures assigned to the day-to-day operations.
- Ensures performance measures are met.
- Completes established goals, prioritizes project work, controls cost, and coordinates continuous improvement efforts.
- Works to ensure a safe and positive work environment.
- S erve as a primary representative for tech transfer in audits as necessary.
- Maintain compliance as required in documentation creation and execution.
- Represent operations on the Validation Review Board.
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent experience) with 8 years of relevant experience.
- The candidate should have strong technical knowledge with manufacturing experience in a chemical pharmaceutical or similar environment.
- T he candidate must have supervisory/management experience.
- Knowledge of Microsoft and other software packages, SAP, LIMs, POMS, systems are preferred.
- Experience with cGMP documentation and record maintenance is preferred.
- S trong problem solving and prioritization skills are required.
- The candidate must demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills.
Experience managing client projects is preferred but not mandatory.
Key AbbVie Competencies:
- Builds strong relationships with peers and cross functionally with partners outside of the team to enable higher performance.
- Learns fast, grasps the “essence” and can change the course quickly where indicated.
- Raises the bar and is never satisfied with the status quo.
- Creates a learning environment, open to suggestions and experimentation for improvement.
- Embraces the ideas of others, nurtures innovation and manages innovation to reality.
Job Classification: Experienced
Job: MANUFACTURING & OPERATIONS
Primary Location: USA-Massachusetts-Worcester
Req ID: 1607437
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled