Comcast Sr. Manager, Applications Operations in West Chester, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
As a successful Sr. Manager in Comcast Technology & Product, you will do much more than
manage applications, infrastructure, tools, and people. You will be leading a team that builds
new business applications, process automation and business insight capabilities that enable
world-class operational excellence for our technology & business organizations. In addition to
this, you will be the focal point for owning the end-to-end customer experience and will channel
product and service requirements from customers and stakeholders in Product, Engineering,
Operations, Finance, Human Resources, and Procurement functional areas.
The ideal candidate will be great fun to work with. The right candidate will love what they do
and instinctively know how to make work fun. Enjoy being a really great people manager. Building,
motivating and mentoring a world-class software engineering and operations team is critical.
You should have a proven track record in recruiting and retaining top talent and excel in day-to-day
people and performance management tasks. Have strong project, product management, and business
management experience. The successful candidate will create product roadmaps for the team.
This includes expansion of features and functionality for existing users in X1 and Cloud operations and
identification of additional opportunities to expand adoption of the HP/ALM Platform,
CA Agile / Rally & Jive Collaboration Management and Operations platforms. You will need excellent
technical project management skills to deliver product roadmap items and business acumen to support
senior technology and product leaders. Experience with Agile methodologies is an advantage.
Have an understanding of software development and business process engineering. The ideal candidate will
have past experience leading cross-functional teams with a balanced understanding of technology
development and business management practices. Know how to run a tight, lean, efficient operation.
He/she will excel at using metrics and finding creative ways to scale the operational processes and
performance of their team.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
- 8 to 15 years overall work experience
- 5 years of relevant, engineering or business management experience, and at least 2 years
of people leadership & management experience
- Strong business and technical vision
- Experience with HP/ALM, CA Agile/ Rally/ JIVE or other Requirement, Test & Development
applications, CMDB, ITIL, and Incident Management Applications
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and demonstrated technical leadership
- Have been successful working across organizational boundaries, bringing together people with diverse
perspectives and experience to find solutions
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Experience designing, developing, implementing business applications in requirements, testing,
collaboration, development management, ITIL, CMDB, Service Catalog, SDLC, and Incident Management
- Exceptional customer relationship skills and experience of managing vendors.
- Master's degree in Business Administration
- ITIL foundational certification
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer