Comcast Software Engineer 3 in West Chester PA, Pennsylvania
Engineering and Platform Services helps drive the new generation of products that are transforming Comcast into a media and technology company. Engineering manages the operations for Comcast’s industry-leading video, high-speed Internet and voice services for consumers and businesses, and runs a network that supports numerous multi-billion dollar businesses.
Platform Services includes three companies owned by Comcast, namely FreeWheel, STRATA and thePlatform, plus the Comcast Wholesale, Advanced Advertising, and Advertising Technology organizations. These companies are creating next-generation technology for the fast-growing advanced advertising market. They enable and innovate solutions to support both traditional and emerging programmatic and premium advertising markets through our platforms, data, marketplace and sales channels.
Responsible for planning and designing new software and web applications. Analyzes, tests, and assists with the integration of new applications. Documents all development activity. Assists with training non-technical personnel. Has in-depth experience, knowledge and skills in own discipline. Usually determines own work priorities. Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
- Collaborates with project stakeholders to identify product and technical requirements. Conducts analysis to determine integration needs.
- Designs new software and web applications, supports applications under development, and customizes current applications. Assists with the software update process for existing applications, and roll-outs of software releases.
- Participates in training representatives and operations staff on internally developed software applications.
- Researches, writes and edits documentation and technical requirements, including software designs, evaluation plans, test results, technical manuals and formal recommendations and reports.
- Monitors and evaluates competitive applications and products. Reviews literature, patents and current practices relevant to the solution of assigned projects.
- Provides technical leadership throughout the design process and guidance with regards to practices, procedures and techniques. Serves as a guide and mentor for junior-level Software Development Engineers.
- Works with Quality Assurance team to determine if applications fit specification and technical requirements.
- Displays in-depth knowledge of engineering methodologies, concepts, skills, and their application in the area of specified engineering specialty.
- Displays in-depth knowledge of, and ability to apply, process design and redesign skills. Presents and defends architectural, design, and technical choices to internal audiences.
- Displays knowledge of, and ability to apply, project management skills.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent
- Engineering, Computer Science
- Generally requires 5-8 years related experience
- Required-Familiar with the following:
- ASP.NET Web Forms
- SQL Server schema and stored procedure development
- Considerations of load balanced web environments
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer