General Motors Systems Application Engineer - VEH0003040 in Warren, Michigan
General Motors is looking for a team player who will lead, develop, or support Systems Engineering Processes within the Systems Engineering Organization. TheSystems Application engineeris responsible to collaborate with a team of Feature Owners and Systems Engineers to ensure that system engineering methods are applied during the creation, development and validation of the features and systems.You will be responsible for coaching and leading System Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA) with cross functional teams. You will assist the teams to obtain an understanding of the vehicle system functions, identify potential failure modes, understand the failure mode effects and follow-up to ensure appropriate corrective actions are implemented to address the causes and/or mitigate the effects.
- Follow industry (AIAG, SAE) and GM standard practices and workbooks for Design Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (DFMEA)
- Assist in the development and facilitation of complex system-level FMEAs to identify risk areas and ensure requirements are met in the vehicle development process
- Facilitate the creation of Block Diagrams, Boundary Diagrams, Function Models, and P-Diagram
- Influence and navigate conflicting priorities across various functions: System, Product, and Process Engineering
- Provide individual DFMEA coaching and training to Feature Owners and Systems Engineers
- Establish a course of action to accomplish and drive resolution on FMEA plans, and to provide status updates to Systems Engineering and Program Team Leadership
- Establish and manage System FMEA Plans for New & Major Product Programs
- Collaborate with various engineering stakeholders to establish priorities to address risks and opportunities
- Work involves a high level of independent judgment
- Participate in forums and meetings as required for assigned vehicle systems
- Participate in the development of new techniques to drive and streamline the DFMEA process
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, or protected veteran status.
- Bachelor’s degree in Systems Engineering, Automotive Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years of demonstrated automotive industry experience or in a highly regulated industry (Nuclear Power, Defense, Pharmaceutical, etc.)
- Ability to manage multiple complex projects and assignments with a high degree of autonomy and accountability for results.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills required to build relationships with local and global team members to solve problems and resolve issues.
- Demonstrate high level of analytical ability where problems are unusual or difficult
- Proven to have risk management analysis skills
- Good project management and team facilitation skills
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Familiar with web collaboration tools (WebEx and Share-point)
- Experience in facilitating Design Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (DFMEA) or Design Review Based on Failure Modes (DRBFM) or other risk assessment tools (e.g., Failure modes, effects and criticality analysis (FMECA)) that are applied in other industries
- Have previous experience in Product Development: (Systems Engineering, Safety System Engineering, Validation, Reliability Engineering, Quality Tools, Design Release Engineering, or Manufacturing Engineering, etc.)
- Master's degree in Systems Engineering, Automotive Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Computer Engineering or equivalent
- Has experience in the Design/Development of Safety Critical Systems
- Familiar with DOORS or other Requirements Management applications
- Experience demonstrated in highly regulated industry could be from but it is not limited to the Nuclear Power, Defense, Pharmaceutical, Oil &Gas, Water or Food Industry sectors
- DFSS Black Belt certification