General Motors Automated Driving Advanced Software Integration Lead - ENG0032308 in Warren, Michigan
General Purpose of Position
Lead the software integration and build activities for multiple high performance computing platforms. Responsible for defining the software integration tool chain, providing release packages to internal customers, works closely with hardware and software suppliers to resolve integration and build issues and consults with engineering departments on software integration issues. Exercises technical direction over engineering support personnel and may have work direction responsibilities over a group with specific engineering objectives. Consults with supervisor and peers as required.
Major Duties/ Responsibilities
- Lead or support advance technical work that develops new technologies and/or features by providing software integration support.
- Communicates, coordinates, and consults with engineering departments and customers on software build issues.
- Lead software integration activities in dSpace, Linux, FPGAs and embedded controller environments.
- Define, uplift and maintain the software integration tool chain.
- Define, uplift and maintain software integration desk benches and HILs.
- Support development trips, assembly plant activities, prototype shops, experimental garages, and development fleet and test fleet vehicle activities by providing timely release packages with required software content.
- Interface with Tier 1/2/3 hardware and software suppliers on BSP, BSW, Infrastructure and operating system issues.
- Works closely with Research and Development, software developers, validation engineers, HMI engineers, network engineers and suppliers to integrate features into the latest build.
- Stays abreast of new technology and competitive products relevant to software integration.
- Travel as required
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, call 866-583-8151 or email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
- 7 years of demonstrated Technical knowledge and ability in relevant engineering disciplines (eg. Software, Vehicle Dynamics, Active Safety, Control Theory)
- Strong understanding of major automotive subsystems
- Experience with and/or knowledge of relevant technologies (eg. EPS, Adv. Suspension Controls, CyberSecurity, FlexRay, AUTOSAR, Hybrid Controls, Ethernet)
- Experience or knowledge of relevant tools( eg: NX(UG), Matlab, Simulink, Rhapsody, IBM Change Synergy,GitHub, GitLab, dSpace, ETAS and IBM Rational Team Concert)
- Experience or knowledge of real-time operating systems (eg, RTLinux, ROS, GHS Integrity, VxWorks or QNX)
- Experience or knowledge of software development, implementation and debugging tools (eg, Lauterbach, GHS Probe, GHS Multi IDE, Wind River Diab, GCC)
- Experience developing software in ANSI C language
- Experience with embedded controller design, implementation and testing
- Experience or knowledge of high performance computing (eg, GPU, OpenCL, CUDA, FPGA, multi-core and parallel processing)
- Demonstrate excellent level of analytical ability, communication and interpersonal skills required to build relationships with team members and customers to solve problems and resolve issues.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple and significantly complex projects and assignments with high level of autonomy and accountability for results
- Demonstrates initiative by reaching beyond work assigned to improve output and/or help others
- Proven ability in project management skills and ability to teach others
- Bachelor’s degree in Systems Engineering, Automotive Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Embedded Systems or equivalent
- Master's degree in Systems Engineering, Automotive Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Embedded Systems or equivalent
- DFSS Black Belt
- Typical: 5-10 years of experience