Allegion Key Account Manager (South UK) in United Kingdom
Key Account Manager (South UK)
Main Purpose of Role
To manage and develop key accounts to achieve sales maximization. To work with key accounts to build on the existing customer relationship to generate sales growth, as well as effective business development to acquire new accounts and projects. Work with the Demand Creation and Demand Fulfilment teams in line with the Sales and Marketing strategy.
• To manage a sales area to maximize sales revenue for architectural ironmongery / hardware and mechanical access control products in line with annual operating plan growth
- Plan activity to maximize face to face contact
• Develop relationships with key accounts (distributors and merchants) to work as business partner to generate sales growth
• Create a sales pipeline in the new build and projects market
• Effectively transform leads from Internal Sales to new accounts / orders
• Generate new aftermarket business via account growth and acquisition
• Provide accurate tracking and sales forecasting data, as required
• Maximize profitability opportunity and price realization by demonstrating added value to customers
• Proven track record of successfully managing a sales area and key accounts to generate sales growth, essential
• Proactive management of territory & diary management and forward planning skills to secure sale, essential
• Ability to differentiate product features and benefits from competitors according to end user need
• Good negotiating skills to achieve ‘win-win’ deals with our accounts / customers
• Product knowledge of architectural ironmongery / hardware, advantageous
• Experience of selling to builders merchants, advantageous
• Experience of selling to OEMs, advantageous
• Experience of selling to architectural ironmongers, advantageous
• Experience of selling a specified product or service to Housing Associations, care home sector or Local Authorities, Architects, advantageous
• Experience of effective revenue tracking and sales activity, preferably using a CRM and MS Excel
• Commercial acumen with intense customer focus
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Self-motivated with a pro-active approach to problem solving
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, in particular Excel, essential
• GAI Diploma advantageous
• Good literacy and numeracy skills
• Current driving licence, essential
• Candidates must live in their Sales area (essential) UK postcodes: OX, RG, SN, GU, SO, SP, RH, BH, DT, BA, TN, ME, CT, TA, EX, RQ, PL, TR, BS, SN, CF, SA, NP
Birmingham 35 Rocky Lane
Allegion is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are dedicated to hiring qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. If for any reason you cannot apply through the career site, please click here for special accommodation.
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
© Allegion plc, 2014 | Block D, Iveagh Court, Harcourt Road, Dublin 2, Co. Dublin, Ireland
REGISTERED IN IRELAND WITH LIMITED LIABILITY REGISTERED NUMBER 527370
We are Allegion.
A team of experts.
United under a common desire;
Protect today innovate for tomorrow.
And never settle for the status quo.
We believe in anticipating opportunities
by sharpening our skills
and finding new answers
We believe in a safer, more secure world.
We believe in providing peace of mind.
We believe in being true to ourselves and to those
who trust-in our protection.
We are many. We are one.
We are Allegion.