Leidos Systems Administrator in TERRE HAUTE, Indiana
The Mission Support Group of Leidos is seeking current incumbents or interested individuals to support AF Distributed Common Ground System (DCGS) operations at various locations worldwide. The primary location for this position is Terra Haute, IN. Primary responsibilities are to perform on-site and deployed commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) system administration, hardware, software, and network maintenance services to support COTS AF DCGS components. Our personnel will provide all logistical support to maintain AF DCGS equipment in serviceable working condition, whether on-site or deployed, to meet the operational user requirements. This position is for System Administrators with UNIX experience, preferably Sun Solaris.
Required Education: Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
CompTIA Network+, Security+ or comparable DoD 8570 certification
Clearance Required: Must have a US Government security clearance, cleared for Top Secret information and granted access to sensitive compartmented information based on a Single Scope Background Investigation
Required Skills: Three years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis. Five years of overall IT related experience.
• Provide system administration support to tasks such as mission data backup and restore, database maintenance, user account creation and maintenance, data archiving, performance of data integrity checks, communication-port configuration, security incident reporting, and field-level Time Compliant Technical Order (TCTO) instruction compliance (to include software baseline upgrade support).
• Implement, install, maintain, modify and operate computer systems.
• Develop preventative maintenance programs for systems
• Instruct users in the operation and maintenance of the system.
• Manage the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
• Maintain the integrity and security of servers and systems by maintaining configurations and applying patches and updates to maintain network compliance.
• Serve as a front line interface to users with technical issues.
• Make recommendations for hardware and software purchases.
• Interact with technology vendors and internal technical support staff.
• Conduct systems analysis and development to keep systems current with changing technology.
• Install new software, apply patches and updates, perform troubleshooting, grant permissions to applications and train users.
UNIX experience. Solaris is a plus.
No travel is anticipated for this position
Desired Skills: Distributed Common Ground System (DCGS) experience is a plus
Leidos is an applied solutions company focused on markets that are seeing converging business and technological trends, and address basic, enduring human needs: defense and national security, health and life sciences, and energy, engineering and infrastructure. The Company's approximately 20,000 employees serve customers in the U.S. Department of Defense, the intelligence community, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, other U.S. Government civil agencies and commercial health and engineering markets. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.