USAA Property Adjuster in Tampa, Florida
Purpose of Job
We are currently seeking talented Entry Level Inside Property Adjuster for our Tampa (Crosstown) FL call center. The start date for this position is 6 Feb 17. This position will be located at our 9525 Delaney Creek Blvd Tampa, FL 33619. APPLICANTS MUST MEET THE MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS BY DATE OF HIRE. Come join our award winning team! USAA was recently recognized by Forbes® as one of the As an Entry Level Inside Property Adjuster III for USAA, you will investigate, evaluate, negotiate and adjust low to moderately complex property claims presented by or against our insureds to confirm coverage, determine legal liability and equitably settle/defend in compliance with all state regulatory requirements. You will work under direct supervision to perform routine work assignments and problem resolution. You will recognize life events, understand member's needs and provide advice in order to deliver appropriate solutions to the member. Current insurance adjuster's license or ability to obtain within a designated number of attempts. This position is in the call center environment and does not require any travel or work outside the office.
We are currently seeking talented Entry Level Inside Property Adjuster for our Tampa (Crosstown) FL call center. The start date for this position is 6 Feb 17. This position will be located at our 9525 Delaney Creek Blvd Tampa, FL 33619. APPLICANTS MUST MEET THE MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS BY DATE OF HIRE.
Come join our award winning team! USAA was recently recognized by Forbes® as one of the Best Employers in the U.S. and FORTUNE® magazine highlighted us as one of the World's Most Admired Companies®. We are proud to consistently receive outstanding awards and ratings for member service, employee well-being and financial strength. Everything that happens at USAA is based on our core values: Service, Loyalty, Honesty, and Integrity. These are the foundations of how we do business with our members, as well as how we treat each other.
Click on link below to watch USAA Claims Careers Spotlight: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VxNXLnBnlw
- Provides PROPERTY claims service via internal channels (phone/fax/email/mail/other electronic channels)) to members and third party customers.
- Adjusts low to moderately complex property claims. Severity of claims includes personal property claims involving low to moderate dollar value, structure claims involving low dollar and severity, and writing UPP estimates.
- Acquires and applies basic knowledge of P&C insurance industry products, services, and processes to include P&C insurance policy contracts and coverage’s and the USAA claim handling process and procedures.
- Seeks guidance from team members to resolve issues and identify appropriate issues for escalation.
- Partners with and/or directs vendors and internal business partners to facilitate claims resolution.
- Contributes to business goals, performance metrics, and effectively uses tools & technology.
- Supports workload surges and/or Catastrophe operations as needed to include working significant overtime during designated CAT's.
- Current Adjuster's license or ability to obtain within a designated number of attempts.
- Full schedule availability is needed Monday-Friday 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM.
- The total amount of training time lasts for 9-10 weeks; this includes New Employee Orientation, Licensing, Enterprise Knowledge, Pipeline training and On-the-job-training.
- Licensing training is provided. You must obtain your license within 3 testing attempts (paid for by USAA).
- Employees must successfully complete a training program. USAA training programs include classroom instruction, computer-based lessons, and instructor-led activities with systems simulations.
- Employees attending training are expected to meet USAA's established standards for performance, attendance and conduct.
- Ability to work any day Monday - Friday between the hours of 8:00am-6:30pm, and either a Saturday or Sunday between the hours of 8:00am - 4:30pm for a full time, 5 day, 40 hour work week (8 hour shift with a ½ hour lunch and two 20 minute breaks). Schedules may vary based upon business needs and you will not have 2 consecutive days off.
- A 30 percent Shift Premium pay would apply to work hours scheduled after 6pm, Mon-Fri & weekends.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- No experience required (with Bachelor's Degree); or 6+ Months of claims adjusting experience; or 1 year of recent USAA customer service experience working in a member contact capacity; or completion of military service.
- Computer literate in a Windows operating environment.
- Ability to work in phone intensive environment using headset.
- This position will require an Insurance Adjuster's license. You must pass a licensing exam within a designated number of attempts and have the ability to become licensed in all applicable states. USAA will provide the study and training environment to assist you with the licensing exam.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Claims adjusting experience.
- Knowledge of Xactimate.
- Experience working in an inbound phone-intensive/call center environment.
- Experience with claims contracts and interpretation of case law.
- Currently working towards or has already completed INS courses.
- Currently possess an Adjusters License.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
Qualified applicants must successfully complete a pre-employment background and drug screen.
Property Adjuster FL-Tampa R0002348