Intermountain Healthcare Pharmacist (7on/7off - Nights) in St George, Utah
Greater St. George & Cedar City area
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
The Pharmacist-Clinical will demonstrate consistent application of knowledge and skills to deliver appropriate, safe, efficient, effective and cost effective pharmaceutical care in the scope of their particular assignment. This position will be responsible for the care of patients as well as the development of effective, professional relationships within the multidisciplinary team.
Essential Job Duties
- Oversees and/or participates in assuring appropriate medications are prepared and delivered to care areas in a timely manner, and are stored both securely and in a manner appropriate for both stability and effective workflow.
- Supervises and mentors technicians and other pharmacy staff working in/with area of responsibility in order to maintain the accuracy and quality of pharmaceutical services.
- Provides accurate drug information to other health professionals and patients to assure safe and appropriate use of medications. Serves on committees as a resource on drugs and/or pharmacy policies as required.
- Participates in the multidisciplinary team to provide feasible therapeutic recommendations and alternatives that improve patient drug therapy. This may include drug, dosage form, dose, route, dosage interval and duration. Monitors physician orders to ensure safe, correct, and appropriate use of medications. Monitors, documents and evaluates patient response, drug effects, and adverse medication events.
- Actively participates in department cost savings initiatives. Monitors pharmaceutical inventory and formulary and exercises strict inventory control through diligent tracking of all substances. Participates in organization surveys (Joint Commission or other applicable regulatory agencies) or audit inspections.
- Maintains quality in the department through completion of quality control check logs and other quality/clinical documentation. Takes responsibility for assuring quality improvement projects are developed, implemented and completed.
- Trains and supervises new pharmacy technicians, student-interns, pharmacy students and other supportive staff as needed. Participates and supports the training programs and mentorship of students and residents.
- Is knowledgeable and compliant with State and Federal laws, regulations, pharmacy policies, procedures and standard operating procedures, formulary and pertinent Clinical Practice Guidelines.
- Provides professional, engaging customer service to all patients, and healthcare providers with whom they work.
- Entry Rate: $51.92
- Benefits Eligible: List Yes or No
- Shift Details:This is the night/graveyard shift 2100-0700
- Department: 76913 Pharmacy(Inpatient)
- Current license as a Pharmacist by State in which one practices.
- Controlled substance license.
- Current knowledge of state and federal regulations and statutes regarding the practice of pharmacy and the distribution of approved drugs, controlled substances, and investigational agents.
- Hearing/listening, manual dexterity, seeing.
- Doctor of Pharmacy degree from an accredited college of pharmacy.
- Three years experience in an institutional pharmacy environment.
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 35
Primary Work Location Dixie Reg River Road
Job Type Full Time
Location US-UT-St George