The GEO Group RECRUITER in SOUTH MOUNTAIN, Pennsylvania
Abraxas, a GEO Group company, is a leading provider of innovative and quality treatment programs for youth, adults and families. For 40 years, Abraxas has contracted with various county and state agencies for the operation of residential, community-based, detention/shelter services and alternative education programming. We offer specialized services for hard-to-place juvenile populations including fire setters, sexual offenders and habitual offenders in addition to gender specific programming for females in need of treatment.
This position plans, implements, and coordinates recruiting and staffing needs for one or more
residential or community-based programs.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities.
• Establishes working relationships and coordinates with facility and program leadership and
Human Resources to identify recruitment needs, develop recruitment strategies and achieve
required staffing levels.
• Ensures recruiting efforts comply with company initial hiring policies and procedures and Equal
Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) policies and objectives.
• Facilitates interview activities by identifying candidates to be considered for positions,
coordinating candidate interviews and collaborating with facility/program leadership on
extending offers to qualified candidates.
• Provides training and feedback to program staff to improve interviewing, recruitment and
• Maintains and updates online recruiting system in order to post, track, schedule, and process
candidates and job requisitions. Retains records per company policy.
• Develops and maintains professional relationships with recruitment resources including colleges
and universities, state offices, and community job boards.
• Creates and posts recruiting advertisements within budget guidelines for positions at appropriate
resource locations including newspapers and job search websites.
• Schedules and attends job or career fairs with appropriate program staff in order to promote the
company and identify potential applicants.
• Processes documents to finalize interview process including collection of interview notes and
submission of candidate’s background check.
• Coordinates and processes post-offer paperwork such as physicals, drug testing, and Employee
Data Form (EDF).
• Ensures new hire completes and accurately submits all paperwork necessary to meet hiring (e.g.
I-9s) and licensing requirements.
• Assists with personnel file creation.
• Supports the Abraxas philosophy and mission and promotes the Seven Key Principles of care.
• Demonstrates appropriate use of Safe Crisis Management techniques and skills.