Fortive Corporation Engineering Manager in Solon, Ohio
Fluke Corporation is the world leader in the manufacture, distribution and service of electronic test tools and software. We are a dynamic market leader with sound financial health. Fluke has achieved the number one or number two position in every market in which it competes. The Fluke brand has a reputation for portability, ruggedness, safety, ease of use and rigid standards of quality. A wholly owned subsidiary of Fortive Corporation ( www.fortive.com ), Fluke is a multi-national corporation headquartered in the greater Seattle area. We offer an entrepreneurial environment that is team-centered, customer-driven, quality-focused, and growth-oriented. It is driven by the phenomenally successful Fortive Business System. Working at Fluke gives you access to a robust career development process and challenging, “stretch” opportunities.
All external hiring is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and a criminal background check.
Fluke Corporation is an equal opportunity employer www.fluke.com , www.fortive.com
You will be responsible for managing the engineering team of our Nuclear Power group. Collaborate with Sales, Marketing, Operations and customers to ensure on time delivery, quality and sales goals. Maintain expertise on industry regulations in the Nuclear Power market.
• Coordinates the activities of a section or department with responsibility for results, including costs, methods and staffing
• Receives assignments in the form of objectives and determines how to best use resources to meet schedules and goals
• Provides guidance to subordinates within the latitude of established company policies
• Recommends changes to policies and establishes procedures that affect immediate organization
• Frequently interacts with subordinates, supervisor, customers, and/or functional peer groups, normally involving matters between functional areas, other company divisions or units, or customers and the company
• Often must lead a cooperative effort among members of a project team
• Bachelor's degree, Engineering
• 4-6 years of management experience
• Root cause analysis using various Problem Solving methodologies
• Understanding & knowledge of continuous improvement.
• Ability to exercise judgment within procedures and practices to determine appropriate action
• Must build productive internal/external working relationships
• Ability to handle high pressure, prioritize work, and understand impact of duties
• Respond to metric/goal driven environment, take initiative to meet goals
• Strong communication, interpersonal skills
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from management, customers and support staff.
Fortive Corporation Overview:
Fortive is a diversified industrial growth company comprised of global businesses that are recognized leaders in attractive markets. With more than $6 billion in annual revenues, Fortive’s well-known brands hold leading positions in field instrumentation, transportation, sensing, product realization, automation and specialty, and franchise distribution.
Fortive is headquartered in Everett, Washington and employs a team of more than 24,000 research and development, manufacturing, sales, distribution, service and administrative employees in more than 40 countries around the world. Our team grows by tackling challenges that accelerate progress and further their careers. With a culture rooted in continuous improvement, the core of our company’s operating model is the Fortive Business System. For more information please visit: www.fortive.com .
Primary Location: North America-United States-OH-Solon
Req ID: FLU005192