Sutter Health Registered Nurse Ambulatory - Maternal Fetal Medicine/San Francisco (48 hr Part Time-Day Shift) in San Francisco, California
Sutter Pacific Medical Foundation is a not for profit corporation that exists to provide medical services, research and education. The foundation provides the infrastructure for the delivery of physician services, and contracts with a separate corporation comprised of physicians and other care providers to deliver the clinical services. This multi-specialty foundation will provide a platform from which new physicians can be recruited to continue to provide physician services in a nonprofit, community setting. The Foundation's vision is to create a medical group that will deliver high quality, market competitive medical services.
The RN-Ambulatory Setting is a Registered Nurse (RN) responsible for providing direct and indirect care to clinic patients and their families utilizing the nursing process - assessment, planning, implementation and continual re assessment. The care delivered will be performed within the scope of the California Nurse Practice Act. The RN practicing within Sutter Pacific Medical Foundation (SPMF) assists with the provision of patient care. The duties include telephone consultation and education, coordination of care, treatments, medication administration and other duties which are within the scope of practice. The RN works collaboratively with the health care team - physician, ancillary providers, care centers staff and SPMF administration.
- Education: *
· Current licensure as an RN in the state of California. BLS Healthcare provider. ACLS is strongly preferred and may be required in some care center settings.
· Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
· Ability to type 35- 40 words per minute and feel comfortable with clinical setting computer operations.
- Knowledge: *
· Knowledge of scope of practice for RNs in the State of California. Professional knowledge of clinical nursing protocols with emphasis in the areas of disease processes, emergencies, health sciences, and pharmacology.
· Knowledge and understanding of managed care concepts strongly recommended. Knowledge of what medical symptomology constitutes urgent/emergent care. Knowledge of medical terminology and abbreviations.
· Knowledge of clinical protocols for vital signs. Knowledge of normal values for vital signs (BP, Pulse, Respirations, Temps).
· Knowledge of medical positioning for patients. Knowledge of scheduling practices/referrals for physician offices preferred.
· Knowledge of effective teamwork practices between front and back office staff.
· Ambulatory, outpatient or emergency room care experience preferred.
· One-two (1-2) years of practical experience as an RN in a physician's office preferred.
Organization: *Sutter Pacific Medical Foundation
Title: Registered Nurse Ambulatory - Maternal Fetal Medicine/San Francisco (48 hr Part Time-Day Shift)
Location: California-San Francisco-San Francisco
Requisition ID: SPMF-1626865