Leidos System Administration and Maintenance Trainer in SAN DIEGO, California
Leidos’ Naval Command and Control Division is seeking a technical subject matter trainer and mentor for the Distributed Common Ground System – Navy
(DCGS-N) training team and the Afloat Intelligence System Integration Team (AISIT) for our customer site in San Diego, CA.
• Provide training to active duty personnel on DCGS-N system administration and hardware maintenance post-installation protocol
aboard U.S. Navy ships and shore installations worldwide. This training supports O-level planned
and corrective maintenance, fault isolation, Solaris and Windows system administration, and network interoperability.
• Support AISIT during shipboard transit integration support events. This consists of
providing remedial training as necessary, mentoring active duty technicians as
the ship transits from its homeport to operational duty station, and performing advanced DCGS-N
system and interface troubleshooting.
• Visit ships in the local area to assist with diagnosing DCGS-N system problems with a focus on integrating ad hoc refresher training,
providing feedback, and supporting system testing.
• Maintain and deliver training curricula in accordance with current Navy Education and Training (NAVEDTRA) standards.
• Provide critical subject matter expertise support during training reviews, product reviews, and program office working
groups and boards.
• Communicate effectively, and establish and maintain professional credibility. Demonstrate effective presentation and
questioning skills, prepare for instruction, provide clarification and feedback, promote retention and transfer of knowledge
and skills, and assess learning and performance
• Be able to earn and maintain CompTIA Security+ certification and complete required continuing education requirements
necessary for designation as Information Assurance Technician (IAT) Level 2 by SPAWAR System Center – Atlantic.
• Bachelor of Science degree and 2 - 4 years of prior relevant experience.
• U.S. citizen with current TS/SCI security clearance.
• Current CompTIA Security+CE certification.
• Documented training and experience with Solaris, Linux, Microsoft Windows, Cisco IOS, and Microsoft Office products.
• Extensive system and network administration experience with U.S. Navy afloat systems such as DCGS-N, GCCS-M, COMPOSE, ISNS, SCI Networks, or CANES.
• Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA), Microsoft Certified Specialist (MCS): Server Virtualization with Hyper-V and System Center Certification, and/or Sun Certified Solaris Administrator (SCSA) certification, Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA).
• U.S. Navy IT-2791 (System Administrator) or IT-2792 (CANES System Administrator/Maintainer)
• U.S. Navy Group-Paced Instructor (NEC 9502) or civilian equivalent.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company's diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.