USAA Attorney-Associate in San Antonio, Texas
Purpose of Job
We are currently seeking talented Associate Attorney - Corporate Law for our San Antonio, TX facility.
This attorney is responsible for supporting USAA on enterprise and subsidiary Corporate Governance matters.
- Support business operations by providing counsel to the enterprise, on the Corporate Governance process, including USAA and subsidiary boards, enterprise and subsidiary management committees, corporate policies, procedures, and the annual member meeting
- Provide legal advice and counsel on bylaws, board meetings, minutes, resolutions, charters, entity management, and corporate governance best practices
- Monitor legislative, regulatory, and industry developments in the area of Corporate Governance
- Competency Profile
- Strong understanding of U.S. and state Corporate Governance Laws
- Experience counsel on corporate legal matters
- Demonstrated ability to work in fast-paced environment and provide advice under tight deadlines
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively cross-functionally, think practically and be solution-oriented
- Collaborative and capable of building strong relationships
- Drive for results, including innovation
- Project management experience
- JD from an accredited law school
- 2 or more years legal experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Tools and applicable software
- In good standing with State Bar Association
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager’s approval prior to posting.
Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level.
Last day to apply to the opening is 12/05/16 by 11:59pm CST time.
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- Experience representing or working on corporate governance matters at a law firm and or as an in-house attorney
- Experience addressing mergers and acquisitions, entity formation or maintenance, or general corporate law
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
Qualified applicants must successfully complete a pre-employment background and drug screen.
Attorney-Associate TX-San Antonio R0002102