Intermountain Healthcare Nurse Patient Relations Rep - Primary Children's Hospital in Salt Lake City, Utah
Greater Salt Lake area
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
Works to improves patient satisfaction and protects company assets by managing patient relationships and identifying, resolving and preventing compensable events.
Essential Job Duties
- Receives and reviews all customer complaints and events to identify patient/family concerns that require patient relations interventions. Includes communication and coordination with medical social workers, risk management, quality, administration, legal counsel, care managers, physicians and units/services on patient/family concerns as required.
- Coordinates the review, investigation and follow-up on patient/family complaints, in a timely and responsive manner. Communicates with patients/families, units/services and individual physicians/employees to obtain and report needed information, records, or documentation.
- Develops and coordinates appropriate verbal or written response to patient/family concerns, as deemed appropriate by the specific concern or regulatory requirements.
- Liaison with Patient Accounts related to billing adjustments and administrative holds. Responsible for monthly reconciliation of administrative holds, to assure compliance to accounts payable turn-around-time requirements. Maintains required documentation.
- Coordinates the initial review and creation of reported events in the Intermountain Web Event System, including maintenance of required documentation and referrals to appropriate individuals.
- Completes review and analysis of customer complaint and event data, to assure accuracy and consistent data. Monitors and analyzes customer satisfaction data (PPQ, HCAHPS, etc.) Prepares and coordinates quarterly reports with Systems Improvement Department.
- Evaluates program effectiveness and identifies trends or opportunities for improvement. Coordinates or facilitates that opportunities for improvement are referred to the appropriate leadership, unit/service director, and/or committee.
- Attends and participates in internal or corporate efforts related to the implementation, and coordination of Healing Commitments and Healing Connections initiatives; other patient/family relations/advisory committees; and unit/service customer relations improvement efforts.
- Provide patient relations and risk management education, training or consultation, as appropriate.
- Entry Rate: $30.41
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Shift Details: This is a Full-time; 40 hr/wk, Exempt position.
- Department: Risk Management at Primary Children's Hospital
- Additional Details: This position also offers coaching and support to hospital staff.
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing (BSN) from an accredited institution (degree will be verified).
- Current RN licensure in the state of practice.
- Two years of clinical nursing experience or as a Customer/Patient Relations Rep in Risk Management.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience and demonstrated competence in solving problems and liaising between multiple stakeholders.
- Proficient in use of word processing software.
- Ongoing need for employee to see and read information, labels, monitors, identify equipment and supplies, and be able to assess patient needs.
- Frequent interactions with patient care providers, patients, and visitors that require employee to verbally communicate as well as hear and understand spoken information, alarms, needs, and issues quickly and accurately, particularly during emergency situations.
- Manual dexterity of hands and fingers to manipulate complex and delicate equipment with precision and accuracy. This includes frequent computer use and typing for documenting patient care, accessing needed information, etc.
- Experience in formal business letter composition and report writing.
- Experience with word processing or electronic medical records.
- Supervisory experience.
- Experience with quality improvement and data analysis.
- Pediatric RN work experience.
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 40
Primary Work Location Primary Children's Hospital
Job Type Full Time
Location US-UT-Salt Lake City