Amazon.com ICQA Program Developer in Sacramento, California
The position will be assigned to the ICQA (Inventory Control Quality Assurance) Team and will work closely with the Inbound, Outbound, and Inventory Control operations to develop tools and analyze data to support OE initiatives, dig deep into data to determine root cause of defects, build and maintain decision support tools, and present findings to business partners to drive improvements in FC-wide quality.
The complexity of research and skills for a program developer is well beyond basic data entry and research. It involves complex analysis and diving deep into key metrics based on requests, building and maintaining multiple databases, extensive knowledge of software applications to create tools, and understanding of multiple programming languages. The following provides some detail of the job duties and responsibilities.
• Manipulate/mine data from database tables (SQL server, Oracle, Data Warehouse, FC log files)
• Ability to write PERL script which would identify gaps in our processes and give the team the ability to solve these issues with your root cause analysis
• Develop websites using HTML, Ruby on Rails, Java, and AJAX which would allow users throughout the FC including the leadership team the ability to graphically understand issues the team is seeing as well as action items to solve these issues
• Maintaining database up-time to include restarting of servers, etc.
• Providing analytical support not only for the facility to improve quality results, but possibly network wide as well
• Root cause research into identifying process breakdowns within departments and providing data through use of various skill sets to find solutions to breakdowns
• Analyze and report data findings and complete reports on building capacity, inventory control metrics, error reporting, and performance management control
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
• High School diploma or GED equivalent
• Experience with SQL/MYSQL
• Proficiency with Microsoft Excel to include making charts, data manipulation, creating up macros, and visual basic knowledge
• UNIX tools/platform experience
• Experience using HTML, PERL, SQL, Ruby on Rails, Java, AJAX programming languages
• Associate’s degree or higher in technical field
• Strong analytical and organization skills
• Proven ability to develop new ideas and creative solutions
• Proven ability to work successfully in an ambiguous environment
• Proven ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines and prioritize workload
• Customer focus and professional demeanor
• Ability to discuss trends and develop and drive the implementation of new solutions with other members of the ICQA team
• Strong written and verbal communication
AMZR Req ID: 579678
External Company URL: www.amazon.com