Sutter Health LVN - Sutter Rehabiliation Institute (Full time-Days) in Roseville, California
TheLicensed Vocational Nurseworks under the clinical direction of the Staff Nurse as a member of the patient care team. The LVN will function within the full scope of the LVN Practice Act to make observations of patient conditions, assist with care planning, perform direct patient-care tasks, and report the effectiveness of care. Assists other team members in providing effective and efficient care. Provides care based on the age-related needs of the pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patient with consideration of their developmental/psychosocial needs, environmental safety, education needs, communication style, and level of understanding.
• Graduate of an accredited vocational nurse program and has successfully passed LVN examination.
• Current California LVN license or interim permit.
• Six months area specific acute-care experience within the last two years - required.
• Satisfactory completion of IV and medication exam (must complete IV therapy certification within first 6 months of employment if not already certified).
• Demonstrated ability to professionally handle public contact, confidential information and maintain effective workflow systems; able to prioritize.
• Demonstrated skills in the use of computer equipment and software programs.
• Possess ability to read, speak, and write English legibly, spell correctly, and perform basic mathematics.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written, are necessary.
• All Areas: Knowledge of physiology, pathophysiology and normal physiologic states.
• All Areas: Basic computer skills and ability.
• All Areas: Knowledge of medical terminology required.
• All Areas: Current Basic Life Support – Health Care Provider (BLS-HCP) recognition (American Heart Association or Greater Sacramento Region)
Department Specific Requirements: Each employee must successfully complete:
Sutter Rehabilitation Institute (SRI):
• Patient’s Rights and Abuse Training must be successfully completed within three (3) months of start date and annually thereafter.
• Cultural Diversity in Healthcare – three (3) months and annually
• Successful completion of FIM Competency Exam within three (3) months of start date & annually thereafter.
• Completion of Stroke, Spinal Cord Injury & Traumatic Brain Injury self study modules within three (3) months of start date and annually thereafter.
• Amputation module within three (3) months of start date.
• Swallow function and Oral Care Competency within three (3) months of start date
• SRI Transfer Training Competency within three (3) months of start date
• Principles of Rehabilitation Nursing: Level 1 Curriculum required within three (3) months of start date.
• ACLS within six (6) months of start date and must maintain recognition.
• Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) recognition within six (6) months of start date and must maintain recognition.
• Understanding of basic arrhythmias and successful interpretation of Basic Arrhythmia test upon hire
Organization: *Sutter Roseville Medical Center
Title: LVN - Sutter Rehabiliation Institute (Full time-Days)
Location: California-Greater Sacramento Area-Roseville
Requisition ID: SRMC-1626930