Intermountain Healthcare HR Generalist in Riverton, Utah
Greater Salt Lake area
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
The HR Generalist provides support for a variety of human resources activities including routine administration of compensation and benefits, recruiting, employee relations, training, and compliance. The HR Generalist provides support to managers, supervisors, or administrators in all HR practices, and provides information to employees about regulations, and policies, and to provide general support. Assists with policy audits as needed.This position will provide administrative support and will be responsible for maintaining confidential records and information.
Essential Job Duties
- Uses proficiency in data management to enter, extract, compile, interpret, and make recommendations about HR metric data from HR systems. Provides reports for administration, managers and HR Consultants as requested.
- May monitor and track compliance, conflict of interest, and or mandatory training.
- Assists with compensation and other policy audits from the Central Office. Works with HR Consultants, managers, payroll coordinators, and timekeepers to gather data, follow up, and to ensure compliance.
- Under the direction of the HR Consultant or HR Director, may assist with employee engagement activities (such as events, recognition, or diversity) and projects or events inclusive of employee recognition.
- May assist with job evaluations, recruitment, selection and new hire processes and on-boarding needs, or wage adjustment evaluations.
- Directs employees on where to gain information on their benefits eligibility and enrollment, and where to resolve benefits discrepancies.
- May assist with coordinating local training programs. Meets with associated training groups and central office organizational effectiveness team to provide insight and suggestions around improvements.
- Acts as a back-up for front desk HR Assistants and HR Recruiting team as needed with screening, interview calls, reference checks, etc.
- Entry Rate: $17.72
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Shift Details: Full-Time
- Location: Riverton Hospital
- Department: 13900-40707 Human Resources
- Bachelor's degree or four years of work experience in Human Resources. Degree must be obtained through an accredited institution. Education is verified.
- Ability to manage and complete projects in a timely manner with a high degree of autonomy, organization and adaptability is required.
- Proficiency in computer software including word processing, spreadsheets, and presentation skills. Ability to create spreadsheets, presentations, and professional documents.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated skills in diplomacy and discretion with excellent customer relations skills.
- Ability to utilize resources available to maximize efficiency.
- Interact with others requiring employee to verbally communicate as well as hear and understand spoken information.
- Operate computers, telephones, office equipment, and manipulate paper requiring the ability to move fingers and hands.
- See and read computer monitors and documents.
- Remain sitting or standing for long periods of time to perform work on a computer, telephone, or other equipment.
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources or related field such as business administration. Degree must be obtained through an accredited institution. Education is verified.
- Healthcare human resource experience.
- Knowledge of Oracle HRMS system.
- Previous experience in human resources.
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 40
Primary Work Location Riverton Hospital
Expertise Business / Administration
Job Type Full Time