SoSi Help Desk Administrator in Reston, Virginia
For 25 years, clients in the private and public sectors have relied upon SOS International LLC (SOSi) for critical operations in the world’s most challenging environments. SOSi is privately held, was founded by its current ownership in 1989, maintains corporate headquarters in New York City, and specializes in providing logistics, construction, training, intelligence, and information technology solutions to the defense, diplomatic, intelligence and law enforcement communities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. SOSi takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance employment of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
CORPORATE-161118-4775: Help Desk Administrator
Job Category IT/Engineering
Duty Location U.S. - Virginia - Reston
Type of Position Full Time
Requisition Number CORPORATE-161118-4775
SOS International LLC (SOSi) is seeking a H elp Desk Administrator in our office located in Reston, VA.
Position responsibilities includes but is not limited to:
- Preliminary troubleshooting of Windows operating systems and all state standard software.
- When necessary, dispatches to end user locations to perform in-person incident/problem resolution activities
- Records information from the end user about the user and the user's computer related problems or needs.
- Resolves the user's problem or need over the phone whenever possible.
- Contacts the appropriate resource(s) to resolve the user's problem or need as necessary.
- Prepares report summaries on Help Desk activities.
- Interacts with end users and staff in a professional manner.
- Coordinates with IT support teams to resolve end user issues
- Conducts call back response for all technical support requests referred to the Help Desk.
- Identifies reoccurring issues and recommends constructive resolution.
- Maintains updates and creates Help Desk documentation.
- Capture and populate knowledge base for common issues or incidents
- Performs preliminary troubleshooting of personal computers to detect problems.
- Maintains and supports personal computer applications to satisfy the requirements of the user.
- Associates degree or higher in IT, Network Systems, or related field
- ITIL v3 Foundation certification
- COMP TIA A+ / Network +, or equivalent certification
- 2-5 years of help desk/call center experience or IT customer-facing experience
- Experience working with the majority of the following technologies:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Other Preferred Skills:
- Knowledge and experience with government clients/environments
- Knowledge and experience in administering hybrid IT environments (on-prem and cloud services like AWS, Office 365 or vCloud)
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) or Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE)