Fortive Corporation Materials Tech - 1st Shift in Radford, Virginia
Materials Tech - 1st Shift
Kollmorgen is part of the Fortive group of businesses located in Radford, Virginia. More than five decades ago, Kollmorgen developed the direct drive technology that enables some of today’s most remarkably innovative machines.
We helped engineers build the first self-contained artificial heart. Our end-to-end onsite engineering resulted in China’s first air-jet loom for manufacturing, and we’ve been a pioneer in hybrid motor technology for transportation for two decades.
Our infrastructure, our intellectual knowledge, our passion and experience are testament to our pursuit of motion excellence. And because of our heritage of customization, we see opportunities, not obstacles.
SUMMARY The person in this role supports all aspects of material presentation and internal delivery within Radford Operations, responsible for Brush products supporting all phases of manufacturing related to MRP, cycle counts, DMROs and scrap disposition with the additional responsibility of supporting shipping of all products.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
• Accurately completes and closes production orders including resolving shortages issues.
• Works directly with Planners/buyers to resolve pending material issues.
• Responsible for picking and staging of standard work for the production line.
• Stocks all incoming material in the appropriate location while applying FIFO management.
• Work individually or in teams to set up areas and locations for material stocking.
• Compare quantity and part number of items received with procurement data and other specifications to ensure completeness and accuracy of order.
• Operates daily on MRP and MPS systems with full and complete knowledge.
• Proper handling of material.
• Proper packing of completed outgoing material.
• Examine items for defects in materials, work and damage occurring in transit.
• Create spreadsheets and documentation as required for manufacturing and management.
• Able to perform a detailed inventory analysis and thorough root cause analysis, drive actions to correct and resolve.
• Participate in DBS events and applies those tools to daily management.
• Must be able to work independently and/or as a team member.
• Other duties as directed.
Kollmorgen is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Experience with Oracle.
• Prior experience in a shipping department preferred, but not required.
• Prior forklifts experience preferred but will train and certify.
• Good written and verbal communications skills are required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands are necessary to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Fortive Corporation Overview:
Fortive is a diversified industrial growth company comprised of global businesses that are recognized leaders in attractive markets. With more than $6 billion in annual revenues, Fortive’s well-known brands hold leading positions in field instrumentation, transportation, sensing, product realization, automation and specialty, and franchise distribution.
Fortive is headquartered in Everett, Washington and employs a team of more than 24,000 research and development, manufacturing, sales, distribution, service and administrative employees in more than 40 countries around the world. Our team grows by tackling challenges that accelerate progress and further their careers. With a culture rooted in continuous improvement, the core of our company’s operating model is the Fortive Business System. For more information please visit: www.fortive.com .
Job: Manufacturing / Operations
Primary Location: North America-United States-VA-Radford
Req ID: KOL001095