Chevron Corporation Maintenance Mechanic in Port Arthur, Texas
Chevron Corporation is one of the world's leading integrated energy companies with subsidiaries that conduct business across the globe. The company's success is driven by the ingenuity and commitment of approximately 60,000 employees who operate across the energy spectrum. Chevron explores for, produces and transports crude oil and natural gas; refines, markets and distributes transportation fuels and other energy products and services; manufactures and sells petrochemical products; generates power and produces geothermal energy; and develops and commercializes the energy resources of the future, including biofuels and other renewables. Chevron is based in San Ramon, California.
Chevron Products Company is accepting online applications for the position of Maintenance Mechanic in Port Arthur, TX through December 13, 2016 at 11:59 p.m. (EST).
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
· Perform work in compliance with plant safe work practices.
· Install, troubleshoot and repair various types of packaging equipment, including, but not limited to: depalletizers, rotary fillers, case erectors, drop packers, case sealers, and palletizers.
· Install, troubleshoot and repair various types of mechanical equipment, including, but not limited to: pumps, valves, compressors, conveyors, blowers, heat exchangers, misc. rotating equipment.
· Perform routine and preventive maintenance on the same equipment.
· Perform welding, burning, rigging and pipefitting.
· Fabricate, replace, and install piping systems.
· Fabricate, burn, weld, replace and install peripheral structural steel.
· Support plant programs such as: MOC and PSM.
· Perform work with minimum supervision from written or verbal work orders.
· Perform housekeeping to maintain clean, neat and safe standards.
· High school diploma or equivalent required.
· 2 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment as a mechanic or maintenance technician; or combination of related technical education and work experience. Military experience counts as work experience.
· Safe and proper handling of shop power equipment, ordinary hand tools, and power tools.
· Safe operation of overhead cranes, fork trucks, scissors lift, snorkel lift.
· Knowledgeable and proficient in interpreting specifications, drawings, and instructions to assist in the installation, troubleshooting, repair, alignment, etc. of mechanical equipment.
· Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office applications.
· Effective communication skills both oral and written.
· Ability to lift 50 pounds.
· Must possess a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) or be able to obtain one within the first 6 months of employment.
· Computer skills.
· Shift work.
If selected to participate in the Pre-employment testing process with Chevron, you will be required to take the following battery of tests:
· Industrial Information Test
Measures the ability to read, understand, and use information in graphs, charts, tables, and written passages to solve problems.
· Mechanical Aptitude Assessment
Measures the ability to apply general mechanical principles to understand and solve problem situations.
· Workplace Attitude and Behavior Inventory
Measures personal characteristics important to success in the job applied for.
Chevron's tests are focused on industrial aptitudes. However, the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery test preparation guides may be able to assist in preparation for these tests. Candidates should focus on mechanical aptitude, reading comprehension, understanding information in tables and graphs, and understanding industrial math.
· Safe and proper welding, burning, rigging and pipefitting skills.
· Welding certification preferred in 3G and 4G positions in SMAW and/or GMAW, GTAW processes in accordance with the requirements of ANSI/AWS D1.1 structural welding code.
Relocation will not be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment visas or consider individuals on time-limited visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.