Comcast Project Manager 3, Retail Ethernet in Plymouth Meeting, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
The Project Manager within Business Services Ethernet Order Management will provide tactical project management leadership and oversight to drive the timely completion of Ethernet (Retail, Carrier, Wide Area and Voice via fiber, off-net and coax) service delivery activities. This position will require working directly and regularly with internal Comcast organizations (Engineering & Provisioning, Network Operations, Voice Provisioning, Business Unit, Product Development, Divisions and Regions) and external customers on network activations. For Ethernet deployments, the project manager will be the main point of contact to the customer post receipt of order. This position requires the ability to balance competing priorities, to maintain consistent attention to detail and to adapt quickly in a dynamic environment.
REPORTS TO : Senior Manager/Manager of Business Services Ethernet Order Management
- Establishes and manages to critical dates required for on time completion of network activations; Evaluates the impact of changes to the overall project plan
- Day to day deployment task management of internal, external and in-market cross functional teams ensuring successful completion of deployments within scope, schedule and budget
- Proactively reviews and validates deployment project plans identifying risks, issues and gaps that could impact project timelines and goals; develops corresponding mitigation plans in collaboration with their management and cross functional teams
- Plans the agenda for and facilitates project team meetings
- Prioritizes and drives cross-functional activities as related to the projects he/she is managing
- Implements quality assurance practices to ensure quality handoffs between cross functional groups
- Develops and manages communications and summary reports for various audiences based on deployment project plans and status; provides accurate project status information in the form of formal briefings, program/project coordination meetings, and written/graphic reports
- Escalates issues requiring action or decisions to manager, as necessary.
- Accountable for deployment project plans, schedules, delivery within budget, and quality of all project elements.
- Maintains effective business and field communications and relationships
- Initiates and maintains customer relationships from receipt of order through service test and handoff
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Business Operations, Engineering, or commensurate related work experience.
- Demonstrated expertise in Cable/Telecommunications industry
- Demonstrated understanding of data services/solutions
- Dynamic Routing (Border Gateway Protocol)
- Static Routing
- IP Address Allocation
- Topologies (Point-to-Point, MPLS, etc.)
- Demonstrated understanding of voice services
- PRI (Primary Rate Interface)
- 5-7 years of experience managing multi-organizational technology/telephony projects
- Project Management training, certification or equivalent experience; knowledge of project management techniques and tools.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with limited direction.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
Knowledge of order and/or task management systems is a plus TRAVEL :Must be willing to travel within North America. KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES :
- Conflict Management
- Relationship Management
Management of dependencies
- Critical Path and Risk assessment, management and mitigation
- Deployment management
- Project Change Control schedule, scope and budget
- Knowledge of project management tools and methodologies (e.g., MS Project)
Efficient Computer Skills, including tools such as Microsoft Office Suite and Microsoft Project.
- Oral and written (including presentations) communication skills
- Meeting Facilitation Skills
- Negotiation Skills
- Problem Solving
- Budget Management
Solid technical knowledge and understanding of subject matter
- Ability to present technical information in face-to-face presentations to varied audiences; including executive management, engineering, operations and sales
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer