iHeartMedia Engineer in Phoenix, Arizona
iHeartmedia Phoenix is searching for a Staff Engineer. The successful candidate should be familiar with the broadcast studio and RF environments. This is a service oriented position that requires excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Maintains overall digital broadcasting electronic systems and related equipment for optimumtransmission/broadcastperformance
- Maintains traditional radio, television and digital broadcasting electronic systems and equipment used to ensure optimum transmission and/or broadcast performance including electromechanical equipment such as switchers, consoles, transmitters, transceivers, andradio/voice/video codecs.
- Responds to equipment outages, malfunctions, and related technical problems. Conducts diagnostic testing, repair and replacement activities.
- Provides information technology solutions and services in the design, development, modification, implementation, and maintenance of cost-effective infrastructure.
- Documents equipment maintenance, repair, and replacements.
- Decides test equipment, parts, and related tools needed for use in maintenance and repair.
- Installs, maintains, and supports desktop computer equipment for internal users.
- May maintain and repair information technology systems for assigned stations/locations.
- May have responsibility for maintenance and upkeep of company-owned facilities, buildings, and transmitters.
- Troubleshoot, upgrade, and maintain various telecommunications systems and related equipment including T1, ISDN, and POTS circuits.
- IT tasks including PC upgrades, installation, LAN/WAN configuration.
- Proven experience in group problem-solving situations; strong analytical skillsStress tolerance, especially when dealing with tight timeframes and difficult and/or emotional client situations
- Ability to multitask and prioritize workload under deadlines in a fast-paced environment; can escalate appropriately
- Compelling detail orientation with strong attention to accuracy and problem solving, following up until issues are resolved
- Ability to develop, read and interpret technical documentation
- Excellent oral and written skills; ability to communicate at detailed technical level as well as to distill advanced concepts into fundamental principles for teammates
- Proficient in the following components: Windows Operating Systems, Remote Access Applications (VNC, Remote Desktop, Team Viewer, etc.), network technologies, systems security, Cloud technologies and network monitoring tools
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject preferred
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Radio andTelevision backgroundsa plus
- None required
Location: Phoenix, AZ: 4686 E. Van Buren Street, Suite 300, 85008
Position Type: Regular
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
Our organization participates in E-Verify. Click here to learn about E-Verify.
Current employees and contingent workers clickhere to apply and search by the Job Posting Title.
iHeartMedia, Inc. is one of the leading global media and entertainment companies specializing in radio, digital, outdoor, mobile, live events, and on-demand entertainment and information services across the nation and providing premier opportunities for advertisers.