Comcast VP, Financial Planning, Analysis & Strategy in PHILADELPHIA, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for leading strategic and financial planning to support the Business Unit's objectives. This person will be a senior member of the finance team supporting the Technology & Product organization (T&P). T&P is the Cable HQ organization responsible for developing and operating the Company's products, software and national network. It is comprised of more than 5,000 employees and $3B of annual spend.
This position will be responsible for assisting with investment decisions for infrastructure and software development. Responsibilities include business case and ad hoc analysis to support technology decisions, financial reporting, quarterly forecasting, annual budgeting and capital management. Critical functions of this role include the ability to develop long-term plans that positively impact the achievement of business results and to develop a team that works with business partnership, flexibility and agility.
- Identify business, financial and operational implications. Evaluate new or existing projects for financial returns IRR/ROI/ROIC.
- Perform business case analysis to support investment in programs and initiatives, developing metrics and analysis to measure against plan. Manage ongoing reporting against budget and plan objectives. Identify and execute on opportunities to streamline and improve processes and reporting.
- Function as the liaison with various groups within the T&P finance and Senior Leadership Team in addition to Cable and Corporate functions (Divisions, Comcast Business, External Reporting, CAAT/Internal Audit, Tax, Consolidations, M&A, etc.) to ensure the accuracy and relevancy of consolidated results and investment decisions.
- Responsible for the preparation and review of long range planning and budget materials.
- Manage weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reporting and analysis.
- Forecast and plan capital spending to meet T&P goals.
- Participate and consult with peers to support the team objectives.
ADDITIONAL SKILLS REQUIRED
- Experience developing business plans, business cases, and senior-executive level presentations.
- Previous management consulting experience preferred.
- Must have previous experience managing and leading a successful team.
- Must be an analytical thinker with an understanding of accounting principles.
- Must demonstrate strong executive presence and diplomacy.
- Ability to be flexible in a fast-paced, changing environment and to interact with individuals with various backgrounds a must.
BS in Finance, MBA preferred.
Generally requires 10 years best in class experience gained at well regarded organizations known for their financial rigor and discipline. 8 years of experience in a technology, software or management consulting firm supporting similar companies.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer