Exelon Corporation Manager IT - IT Project Planner in PHILADELPHIA, Pennsylvania
At Exelon, we've got a place for you! Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce. Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits. Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION Plan and manage resources, finances, scope and services within a functional area of Information Technology to deliver business results. Provide IT products, services and solutions on time, within budget and with the required functionality. Establish, maintain and enhance relationships with clients. Participate in developing and implementing strategy/policy. Manage large-scale projects of high complexity, size and change management risk.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Embedded member of IT business unit, integral to the development and alignment of the business strategy, portfolio governance, demand management, prioritization, resource management, and investment management. Lead and manage IT staff and resources in accordance with IT Business Plan. For projects: Plan and manage scope, schedule, and budget for defined deliverables in accordance with IT project management standards. For planning: Facilitate and align business and IT investment planning, working collaboratively with key business and IT leaders. For client engagements: Facilitate account review meetings and oversee initiatives that address gaps in customer satisfaction. 25%
- Establish, maintain, and enhance relationships with business and IT partners. Communicate status to key stakeholders on a regular basis. 15%
- Maintain current business knowledge/acumen, including application of technology solutions to deliver business results. 10%
- Lead and manage IT projects and associated system integrators to deliver projects of medium to high complexity. 5%
- Operate utilizing standard processes as defined within the Management Model. Oversee process improvement efforts and ensure adoption of standard processes and procedures that deliver sustainable top quartile cost and performance levels. 15%
- Evaluate performance and provide coaching for IT personnel. Participate in career development and succession planning processes. Promote diversity and foster teamwork, collaboration, and a learning organization. Provide input on development and retention processes for IT employees. 10%
- Proactive monitoring, management and adjustment of portfolio investments to maintain enterprise wide visibility and business alignment including overall budget management for area of responsibility. 20%
POSITION SPECIFICATIONS Minimum: - Bachelor degree and typically 8 to 10 years' experience in IT and/or a business area or equivalent combination of education and work experience. - Broad business process expertise with in-depth business unit knowledge, including planning/forecasting, variance analysis, IT billing, and audit compliance. - Demonstrate excellent planning skills and experience producing an economic business case. - Experience leading and managing IT projects or sub-teams and knowledge of IT project management. - Experience leading and managing technical personnel. - Strong judgment and excellent analytical ability. - Excellent communications skills and ability to work effectively with all levels of IT and business management and with vendors. - Experience managing budgets for functional area of responsibility.
Preferred: - Graduate degree. - Experience with IT service design and billing. - Total Staff Managed: 5-8 employees, Approximately: 4-5 contractors - Budget Managed: $120-150M - At least 10% travel expectations - Impact of this position on company performance is medium/low. This position would have very limited impact earnings per share by a combination of the performance of the products and the cost of their delivery. Applications, products and services support Exelon’s business operations. Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. VEVRAA Federal Contractor EEO is the Law Poster REQNUMBER: 207425-00160