Washington State Fiscal Technician 2 in Olympia, Washington
Here at the Department of Enterprise Services (DES), our mission is to implement a world-class, customer-focused organization that provides valued products and services to government and state residents. Our goal in every transaction is to deliver smart business solutions and services that meet the needs of those we serve.
Within DES, the Finance Division offers a full line of financial services to both DES employees and small agency customers. Providing this type of support allows agencies to more appropriately focus their vital resources and energy towards fulfilling the vision and mission of their agency. We have a deep understanding of financial best practices and regulatory requirements and are committed to providing efficient, centrally located accounting, budgeting, and payroll services.
LEAN CULTURE: DES is on the leading edge in adapting Lean principles and methods to state government. We are fully committed to continuous process improvement and invite you to join our team. Once on board, you will become an integral part of our journey to transform DES into a world class, customer focused organization. To learn more about DES Lean culture, visit Lean Culture at DES.
This position performs routine transactions related to Accounts Payable functions.
Some of the duties you will enjoy doing include:
- Process vendor payments;
- Process travel and travel related documents;
- Correct report discrepancies;
- Research and review vendor invoices, statements and accounts;
- Apply/verify proper expense coding;
- Processing small agencies transactions and related reporting requirements;
- Assists in year-end and biennium-end closing; and
- Verify correct use tax is charged. Qualifications
- A High School graduation or GED equivalency
- a minimum of 10 quarter hours or 6 semester hours of accounting credits
DESIRED: At least one year of fiscal experience
In addition to completing the online application, applicants must attach the following documents to their profile in order to be considered for this position:
- A letter of interest, describing how you meet the specific qualifications for this position;
- A current resume, detailing experience, and education; and
- A list of at least three (3) professional references with current telephone numbers.
- A copy of your transcripts, listing your completed courses and credits.
READ THE FOLLOWING INSTRUCTIONS COMPLETELY:
- The initial screening will be solely based on the contents and completeness of the "duties summary" section of your application in Careers.wa.gov, completeness of the application material submitted, and the supplemental questionnaire.
- A resume will not substitute for completing the "duties summary" section of the application. Responses to the supplemental questionnaire regarding work experience must be reflected in the "duties summary" section of the application.
- By submitting materials you are indicating that all information is true and correct. The state may verify information. Any untruthful or misleading information is cause for removal from the applicant pool or dismissal if employed.
- Prior to any new appointment into Department of Enterprise Services, a background check will be conducted.
Applicants who meet the minimum qualifications and wish to claim Veteran's Preference MUST attach a copy of their DD214, or other verification of military service. Please blackout any personally identifiable data such as social security numbers.
Note: Applicants claiming veteran's preference points must attach the documentation with each on-line application. If you do not provide appropriate documentation to qualify for these preference points, the points will not be awarded.
*For additional information on Veteran's Preference and guidance on how to determine if you are eligible, *click here.
We thank you and are grateful for your service
Should you have any questions regarding this position or the online application, contact Angie Anderson at (360) 407-8446 or firstname.lastname@example.org and reference job # FIN-003
*The State of Washington is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with a disability who need assistance with their application or that need this announcement in an alternative format, may call (360) 664-1960 or toll free (877) 664-1960. TTY users should first call 711 to access the *Washington Relay Service.
Salary: $2,321.00 - $2,994.00 Monthly
Location: Thurston County – Olympia, WA
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Job Number: 2017-FIN-019
Department: Dept. of Enterprise Services
Closing: 7/2/2017 11:59 PM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Phone: View Posting for Agency Contact