Internal Revenue Service Supervisory Management and Program Analyst (Functional Chief) - MSP in Ogden, Utah
About the Agency
WHAT DOES A SENIOR MANAGER DO? As a Senior Manager, generally a manager of managers and accountable to a Senior Executive Service position, you will be responsible for the overall effective operation of a program. You will use your leadership skills and management techniques in the administration, planning, organizing, directing, controlling, and evaluation of activities to support accomplishments in the operation. In this role, you will also be responsible for preparation of annual work plans, semiannual and quarterly work schedules, accession schedules for staffing, production output projections, and other plans and controls for maintaining an efficient program. As a Senior Manager you will direct one of many agency wide efforts to deliver or further support the agency's mission and priorities, and will often times be involved in initiatives with extensive and substantial impact on the Nations taxpayers.
WHAT IS THE WAGE & INVESTMENT (W&)*DIVISION:*The Wage & Investment Division (W&I;) serves about 122 million taxpayers who file upwards of 94 million returns each year. Key W&I; objectives are to provide high-quality taxpayer assistance, and to enable taxpayers to transact and communicate electronically to file their returns, make payments and receive assistance. W&I; partners with private organizations to provide assistance to such disadvantaged groups as elderly and low-income taxpayers.
One position to be filled in W&I; Service Centers, Ogden Submission Processing, located at 1160 W. 1200 S, Ogden, UT 84404. (UT0036)
As a Senior Manager you will:
- Exercise delegated managerial authority to oversee the overall planning, directing, and timely execution of a program, several program segments (each of which is managed through separate subordinate organizational units), or comparable staff functions, including development, assignment, and higher level clearance of goals and objectives for supervisors or managers of subordinate organizational unit or lower organizational levels.
- Approve multi year and longer range work plans developed by the supervisors or managers of subordinate organizational units and subsequently manage the overall work to enhance achievement of the goals and objectives.
- Oversee the revision of long range plans, goals and objectives for the work directed.
- Manage the development of policy changes in response to changes in levels of appropriations or other legislated changes.
- Manage organizational changes throughout the organization directed, or major change to the structure and content of the program or program segments directed.
- Exercise discretionary authority to approve the allocation and distribution of funds in the organizations budget. WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? If you want to find out more about IRS careers, visit us on the web at www.jobs.irs.gov.
- Not Required
- Please refer to "Conditions of Employment."
- Click "Print Preview" to review the entire announcement before applying.
You must meet the following requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
BASIC REQUIREMENTS (SENIOR MANAGER): You must have 1 year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the next lower level within the payband or GS grade in the normal line of progression in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position includes: 1 year of substantive supervisory or program management experience at the GS-13 or GS-14 level or equivalent level manager or comparable management or leadership experiences outside of Federal service. To be qualifying for this position your experience should be sufficient to demonstrate:
- Knowledge of management techniques, methods, theories, principles, and labor relations concepts, to assure optimum utilization of personnel, equipment, and space for the accomplishment of all program objectives with combined technical and administrative oversight;
- Ability to plan, direct, and evaluate work of subordinate managers, employees, and/or others;
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of appropriate operations, policies, applicable laws, regulations, rules, practices, procedures, and techniques sufficient to provide oversight and direction in the planning, development and implementation of the technical aspects of programs directly related and/or specific to the position being filled;
- Knowledge of budget and fiscal methods used in establishing and maintaining an organization.
Thorough knowledge of major programs segments, organizational structures and/or functional responsibilities specific to the position being filled.
The experience may have been gained in the public sector, private sector or Volunteer Service. One year of experience refers to full-timework; part-timework is considered on a prorated basis.
To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week, on your resume.
Public Trust - Background Investigation
What To Expect Next
You may check the status of your application for this position at any time by logging onto the USAJOBS “My Account” tab and clicking on “Application Status.” For a more detailed update of your application status, you may click on “more information.” Please notify us if your contact information changes after the closing date of the announcement. Also, note that if you provide an email address that is inaccurate or if your mailbox is full or blocked (e.g., spam-blocker), you may not receive important communication that could affect your consideration for this position.
Review our benefits
POSITION DESCRIPTION: 98014
A PM/C SharePoint site is available for IRS Employees at : https://organization.ds.irsnet.gov/sites/HCOETS/PMC/SPDLibrary/SitePages/Home.aspx
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT*:*
- We may select from this announcement or any other source to fill one or more vacancies.
- This is a non-bargainingunit position.
- Alternative work schedule, staggered work hours or telework may be available.
- Tour of Duty:Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- The employment of any candidate, including a current employee or a new hire, selected for this position may be conditional upon classification and/or audit of federal tax returns. This audit may include up to 2 years of returns.
- New managers will serve a one-year supervisory probationary period
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/472363400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Salary Range: $101,409.00 to $155,073.00 / Per Year
Series & Grade: IR-0343-01/01
Promotion Potential: 01
Supervisory Status: Yes
Who May Apply: Current IRS employees on a Career or Career Conditional appt. in the competitive service
Control Number: 472363400
Job Announcement Number: 17CE5-WIM0174-0343-01-CF