Deutsche Bank Sr (Principal) Financial Crime Investigator; (AFBC) Investigations in New York, New York
Sr (Principal) Financial Crime Investigator; (AFBC) Investigations
Job ID: 3133483 Full/Part-Time: Full-time
Regular/Temporary: Regular Listed: 2016-11-29
Location: New York, United States of America
Anti-Financial Crime (AFC)
Our AFC team is responsible for protecting Deutsche Bank from financial and reputational losses incurred by financial crimes by assessing, controlling and mitigating risks. Risk types related to Anti-Financial Crime are consolidated in a comprehensive and effective risk management framework that covers Anti-Money-Laundering, Sanctions & Embargoes, Anti-Bribery & Corruption as well as Anti-Fraud & Investigations.
The Senior (Principal) Financial Crime Investigator reports to the Head of Anti-Fraud, Bribery & Corruption Investigations, Americas, and is responsible for the execution of AFBC related activities defined in the DB Group Anti-Fraud and DB Group Anti-Bribery and Corruption Policies, including the prevention, detection and investigation of fraud, bribery and corruption, as well as other financial crime, from both an internal and external perspective.
Main Responsibilities and powers (non exhaustive):
- Implementing the Deutsche Bank Group Anti-Fraud and Anti-Bribery and Corruption Policies across all Business Divisions and Infrastructure Functions in the region;
- Undertake proactive and reactive financial crime investigations;
- Development of investigative referrals through research, analysis, and liaisoning with internal and external stakeholders;
- Escalate matters, as appropriate, to the Head of AFBC Investigations, Americas;
- Documenting investigative outcomes in the form of comprehensive investigation notes/reports;
- Support the Head of AFBC Investigations, Americas in fostering collaboration within the Global AFBC team and to ensure consistency of approach by working closely with the other Regional AFBC teams around the world;
- Participating in financial crime risk assessments;
- Reviewing activities identified through the application of detection programs within the region, such as the Mandatory Time Away and Non Standard Behavior programs;
- Build relationships with peers in Human Resources, Employee Relations, Legal and Compliance, as well as stakeholders within all Business Divisions and Infrastructure Functions in the region;
- Support the formulation and execution of anti-fraud, bribery and corruption, as well as other financial crime, related trainings to DB employees;
- Support the Head of AFBC Investigations, Americas in ensuring that internal policies owned by AFBC are fit for purpose from a regional perspective;
- Work to ensure that the AFBC Investigations, Americas team is in compliance with the requirements detailed under the AFC Global Controls Program;
- Work to maintain effective AFBC Investigations, Americas Key Operating Procedures in line with Global Key Operating Procedures by actively participating in periodic reviews/recertification processes;
- Assist in the production of required periodic Management Information;
- Assist with the recruitment and training of staff, as appropriate;
- Provide general support to the Head of AFBC Investigations, Americas, to ensure the overall effectiveness of the team.
- Solid investigative experience in a corporate environment with respect to financial crime;
- Knowledge of financial products, frauds and trends;
- Understanding of applicable legal statutes as they relate to financial crime, and a working knowledge in applying these laws for prosecution of offenders;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Strong planning and organizational skills;
- Proven leadership skills;
- The ability to manage and develop other team members;
- The ability to build relationships with other investigative stakeholders, within the Bank as well as externally.
For candidates applying for positions in the US:
Deutsche Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. Click these links to view the “ EEO is the Law ” poster and pay transparency statement.