Comcast Sr. Advisory Services Associate in New York, New York
FreeWheel, a Comcast company, has superior end-to-end technology, premium marketplace, and best in market advisory services that power the advertising businesses of the largest media and entertainment companies in the world, including AOL, DIRECTV, Fox, NBC Universal, Turner Broadcasting System and Viacom in U.S., and Sky and Channel 4 in Europe. From our unique position at the center of the premium video economy, we enable our clients to unify audiences across desktop, mobile, OTT, and traditional STB devices, and profitably monetize their content. Headquartered in San Mateo, with offices in New York, London, and Beijing, FreeWheel stands to advocate for the entire industry through the FreeWheel Council for Premium Video.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
The Advisory Services team helps FreeWheel's premium publisher and distributor clients solve some of their most complicated problems around building and growing their businesses. The New York-based Advisory Product Senior Associate will support this mission by leveraging product expertise, business and analytical skills and program management best practices to drive successful client engagements that deliver maximum value to FreeWheel customers. The Advisory Services Product Senior Associate will report to Manager, Advisory Services based in New York, NY.
This is the perfect role if you like rolling up your sleeves and solving complicated, client-facing problems and you
- Want to become an expert in all things digital video
- Want to work with the biggest names in the industry (E.g. Viacom, ESPN, FOX, Aol., Sky)
- Enjoy thinking about how business problems connect to technical solutions
- Are looking for a fast-paced, entrepreneurial working environment with a clear leader of the television advertising technology space
- Execute consulting projects with leading media companies, pay-TV operators and online publishers
- Provide hands-on problem solving guidance and expertise to FreeWheel customers that connect technical capabilities to business needs
- Drive actionable recommendations to leverage FreeWheel product suite for clients to achieve business goals and objectives
- Work with FreeWheel Sales, Engineering and Product teams to deliver recommendations that wrap around our core technology offerings
- Provide strong thought leadership and presence across large, premium clients, from Executive team to day-to-day FreeWheel product suite users
- Frequent travel may be required. Up to 20%.
-5-7 years of experience with media publisher, technology vendor or management consulting firm with client facing responsibilities.
- Foundation in technology with a strong understanding of web, mobile, video strongly preferred.
- A background in Engineering and/or strong technical acumen.
-General understanding and excitement around the online video business, the TV and cable industry and the challenges facing both the industry, content owners and distributors.
- Strong Project/Program Management experience and organizational skills, has led client project engagements, understands delivery and can translate business requirements into tactical, executable outputs to meet client goals.
- Ability to proactively manage yourself against a robust workload with multiple concurrent projects and tight deadlines, from engagement design through execution.
- Passion for learning new products, ideas and systems quickly, combined with the ability to translate business requirements to meet their strategic goals
- Experience with ad server, order management technologies, and/or CRM tools
- Superb verbal and written communication skills
- Creates and maintains reporting systems and databases.
- Analyzes data and feedback throughout the lifecycle of a product and analyzes final data results to determine business impact.
- Develops and recommends strategy changes and future strategies based on research findings.
- Performs business analysis key to determining profitability and strategy (such as forecast analysis and cash-flow analysis) and reports results to senior management.
- Performs economic analysis, organizational positioning analysis, and other analyses related to strategic planning as assigned.
- Coordinates special project teams and provides knowledge and skills in areas of strategic planning.
- Interfaces with other Specialists and senior management across several business units within the organization and collaborates on special projects.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education Level - Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer