Comcast Software Engineer in New York, New York
FreeWheel, a Comcast company, has superior end-to-end technology, premium marketplace, and best in market advisory services that power the advertising businesses of the largest media and entertainment companies in the world, including AOL, DIRECTV, Fox, NBC Universal, Turner Broadcasting System and Viacom in U.S., and Sky and Channel 4 in Europe. From our unique position at the center of the premium video economy, we enable our clients to unify audiences across desktop, mobile, OTT, and traditional STB devices, and profitably monetize their content. Headquartered in San Mateo, with offices in New York, London, and Beijing, FreeWheel stands to advocate for the entire industry through the FreeWheel Council for Premium Video.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
FreeWheel is hiring New York based Software Engineers. We're adding to our dynamic team of energetic and creative thinkers who enjoy coming to work every day because they get to do something great!
FreeWheel's New York Engineering Team is part of our global engineering team who are building advanced and high quality applications, servers and tools to manage million dollar orders, handle billions of daily requests and process terabytes of raw daily data.
Our tech stack includes Go, React.js, Ruby on Rails, Hadoop (Kafka, HBase, Presto, etc), Python, MySQL, C and all major modern mobile systems (iOS, Android, etc).
- Build enterprise-level software. Implement, test, peer review and monitor production.
- Work with Product team, sometimes directly with clients, to understand requirements and functional design.
- Interact with global Engineering, Product and Operation teams from different geolocations and time zones to incorporate their innovations and vice versa.
- Improve performance, availability and scalability of our systems and services.
- Flexible options to work on backend services, mobile/web applications, 3rd-party integrations and Big Data pipelines.
- Analyzes and determines integration needs.
- Evaluates and plans software designs, test results and technical manuals.
- Reviews literature, patents, and current practices relevant to the solution of assigned projects.
- Programs new software, web applications and supports new applications under development and the customization of current applications.
- Edits and reviews technical requirements documentation.
- Works with Quality Assurance team to determine if applications fit specification and technical requirements.
- Displays knowledge of engineering methodologies, concepts, skills, and their application in the area of specified engineering specialty.
- Displays knowledge of, and ability to apply, process design and redesign skills.
- Displays in-depth knowledge of, and ability to apply, project management skills.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Education Level-Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
- Field of Study-Computer Science, Engineering
- Years' Experience-Generally requires 2-5 years related experience
- Solid programming skills and good habit to test your own code.
- Comfortable working with command line environment on Mac or Linux.
- Experience with our technology stacks is a big plus.
- Experience with operation system/HTTP/video streaming/data is a plus.
- Known for smart, logical thinking, interest and enthusiasm for technology.
- Detail oriented, flexible and can work well in a global team environment.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer