Grant Thornton LLP Mergers and Acquisitions Tax Director in New York, New York
Grant Thornton is collaborative, entrepreneurial and on the move. As part of a dynamic global organization of 42,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, we have the agility and focus it takes to be a leader.
Mergers and Acquisitions Tax Director
The M&A Tax Director will be responsible for the delivery of a full range of M&A Tax services to various clients in a wide variety of industries. Responsibilities include interacting closely with clients and colleagues to provide valuable innovative tax planning and consulting services in a highly responsive, transactional environment; developing and managing a high functioning team of professionals and working closely with partners and staff on client management, practice development and business development activities. * Oversee the efforts of multiple client services teams on client engagements * Plan, execute, direct, and complete M&A Tax consulting projects in a wide variety of industries to a diverse client base, including financial sponsors and strategic buyers and sellers * Market, sell, design, and implement tax-planning strategies to both new and existing Firm clients and manage all financial aspects of projects, including budgeting, invoicing and collection. * Develop relationships with the Firm's senior-level client serving professionals both in the candidate's local office and in other offices throughout the region; ability to work closely with the Firm's Transaction Advisory Services professionals as well as colleagues in the Firm's other tax, audit and advisory service lines. * Develop and maintain new business and client relationships, both with existing Firms clients and new clients. * Manage, develop, train, and mentor M&A Tax staff on tax projects and assess performance for engagement and year-end reviews, including staff that may be located in other offices. * Work effectively with national M&A Tax Services team in all aspects of practice development and leadership, including proficiency in change management. * Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Masters in Taxation or JD; CPA
- Minimum of eight years progressive federal tax consulting experience, as well as some amount of business entity tax compliance experience in public accounting or a combination of corporate and public accounting experience.
- Outstanding, proven experience in working effectively in a team environment, including all aspects of staff development, which may include team members in other offices.
- Technical expertise in M&A Tax and transaction related matters, including significant experience conducting buy and sell-side tax due diligence projects, including diligence on pass-through entities; assessment of corporate tax attributes including historical tax basis, earnings and profits, and limitations applicable to net operating losses and tax credits, post-transaction planning including legal entity rationalization and application of consolidated return regulations.
- Superior analytical, technical, and tax accounting/technology skills with working knowledge of US GAAP; proven ability to identify issues and work with specialists in other tax technical areas to resolve issues.
- Computer experience including knowledge of tax software and technology, including spreadsheet modeling.
- Ability to work additional hours and travel to various client sites as needed.
Grant Thornton LLP promotes a nationally recognized culture of health and offers an extensive array of benefits to meet individual lifestyles. For a complete list of benefits, please visitwww.gt.com.
Founded in Chicago in 1924, Grant Thornton LLP (Grant Thornton) is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International Ltd., one of the world’s leading organizations of independent audit, tax and advisory firms. Grant Thornton has revenues in excess of $1.3 billion and operates 58 offices across the U.S., with more than 565 partners and 8,000 employees.
Grant Thornton works with a broad range of publicly- and privately-held companies, government agencies, financial institutions, and civic and religious organizations. Core industries served include consumer and industrial products, financial services, not-for-profit, private equity, and technology. Grant Thornton focuses on serving dynamic organizations that pursue growth holistically — whether through revenue improvement, leadership, mission fulfillment or innovation.
It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Title: Mergers and Acquisitions Tax Director
Location: New York-New York
Requisition ID: 036173