Grant Thornton LLP Mergers and Acquisitions Tax Director in New York, New York
Grant Thornton is collaborative, entrepreneurial and on the move. As part of a dynamic global organization of 42,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, we have the agility and focus it takes to be a leader.
The M&A Tax Services Director will be responsible for the delivery of a full range of M&A Tax services to various clients in a wide variety of industries. Responsibilities will include: interacting closely with the firm’s clients to provide innovative tax planning and consulting services in a highly responsive transactional environment that will drive value throughout a client’s investment decision; developing and managing a high functioning team of professionals that work closely with and collaborate among senior transaction professionals of the firm; the candidate will also be expected to participate in developing new relationships that will drive personal and firm growth. * Oversee the efforts of multiple client service teams on client engagements where the candidate will plan, direct and execute on M&A tax consulting projects in a wide variety of industries within a highly diverse client base that includes financial and strategic sponsors. The candidate will work with senior professionals in marketing, selling, designing, and implementing tax-planning strategies to new and existing firm clients while managing all financial aspects of the projects which includes scoping, pricing, budgeting, invoicing and collection. * Develop relationships with the firm’s senior client serving professionals in different lines of business to drive firm growth by introducing the breadth of the services the firm has to offer its existing and new clients. * Develop and maintain new business and client relationships, both with existing Firm clients and new clients. * Manage, develop, train, and mentor M&A tax staff on tax projects and assess their performance for on the engagement by providing timely feedback at the end of each engagement. * Work effectively with our Washington National M&A tax services team in providing state-of-the art tax thought leadership
- Bachelor's degree. CPA, Masters in Taxation, or JD
- A minimum of eight years of progressive federal tax consulting experience, as well as some amount of business entity tax compliance, experience in public accounting or a combination of corporate and public accounting experience a plus.
- Outstanding, proven experience in working effectively in a team environment, including all aspects of staff development, which may include team members in other offices.
- Technical expertise in transaction tax and related matters, including significant experience conducting buy and sell-side tax due diligence projects, including diligence on pass-through entities; design and development of transaction structures using both corporate and pass-through entities; assessment of corporate tax attributes including historical tax basis, earnings and profits, and limitations applicable to net operating losses and tax credits, post-transaction planning including legal entity rationalization and application of consolidated return regulations.
- Superior analytical, technical, and tax accounting/technology skills, proven ability to adapt to different situations, identify issues and work with specialists in other tax technical areas to resolve issues.
- Computer expertise including knowledge of tax software and technology, including spreadsheet modeling.
Title: Mergers and Acquisitions Tax Director
Location: New York-New York
Requisition ID: 036173