BlackRock BlackRock Relationship Manager in New York, New York
BlackRock is a leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients worldwide. At March 31, 2015, BlackRock’s AUM was $4.774 trillion. BlackRock helps clients meet their goals and overcome challenges with a range of products that include separate accounts, mutual funds, iShares ®(exchange-traded funds), and other pooled investment vehicles. BlackRock also offers risk management, advisory and enterprise investment system services to a broad base of institutional investors through BlackRock Solutions ®. Headquartered in New York City, as of March 31, 2015, the firm had approximately 12,300 employees in more than 30 countries and a major presence in key global markets, including North and South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East and Africa. For additional information, please visit the Company’s website atwww.blackrock.com| Twitter:@blackrock_news| Blog:www.blackrockblog.com| LinkedIn:www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock, the world’s leading investment manager and risk manager is committed to providing exceptional service to its clients. As the BlackRock business continues to grow and our client’s investment strategies become more sophisticated, the need to support complex service requirements is crucial to maintaining BlackRock’s position as an industry leader in providing superior client service.
The Client Services Management (CSM) team works with the BlackRock client businesses to ensure that the operational needs of our clients are understood and aligned with the operational teams across BlackRock.
In addition the team are responsible for ensuring that BlackRock’s operational service offering continues to evolve in line with industry and client trends with the goal of offering our clients class leading operational excellence.
We are also charged with being the operational expert in the room with the client and providing them with consultancy where required around operational matters.
- Own the overall operational client service experience in partnership with the ClientBusiness throughout the client lifecycle
- Work closely with the global Business Operations team to implement a consistent, scalable and controllable service model;
- Focus on the partnership between the Client Businesses and the global operations team to improve client service offering and quality of delivery;
- Own and evolve the core operational service offering in partnership with operational groups across the firm and our key third party providers
- Have accountability for the resolution of operational enquiries received from our clients
- Ensure that the client business is kept aware of any relevant interaction that CSM have with their clients
- Facilitate the handling of client requests for bespoke services and ensure that any solutions effectively balance the needs of the client with those of the firm.
- Responsible for representing the client operational intent where necessary for implementation and change events
- Demonstrate risk awareness and focus on delivering an appropriate operational control framework around client servicing including review and validation of monthly metrics
- Establish and measure client service benchmarks
- Focus on sustaining the highest level of client service
- Engage the operational resources of the firm to meet clients’ needs
- Establish / enhance strong working relationships with key stakeholders within BlackRock.
- Facilitate diagnosis of complex client service issues, identify trends that point to service deficiencies;
- Conduct Operational Service Reviews directly with clients in partnership with Client Business
- Provide and/or co-ordinate appropriate representation for Business Operations at Client meetings and due diligence visits etc. Own these sessions when purely of an operational nature.
- Champion awareness and knowledge sharing of business operations service and functions;
- Build and constantly develop your existing knowledge of the Business Operations’ functions and keep current on major activities being undertaken and challenges and successes that are being experienced;
- Be an operational thought leader for our clients
- Proven experience in the asset management industry with exposure to a variety of operational and client service functions, including examples of providing leadership within one or more functions.
- In-depth technical understanding across service functions together with a strong understanding of the end-to-end client and trade life-cycles;
- Previous exposure to the sales process preferred though not essential
- Experience in dealing with clients and associated operational risk matters;
- Ability to develop strong collaborative working relationships with key Client Business and operations stakeholders;
- Ability to work proactively with others to resolve and escalate issues appropriately;
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with high self-assurance, energy and drive;
- Strong presentation skills and ability to adapt to audience at all corporate levels.
- Ability to analyse, synthesise and present data in an concise and easy to understand style
- Expert communicator, strong interpersonal skills;
- Ability to think strategically;
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
Job Function: Operations
Organization: Tech & Ops-Business Operations
Title: BlackRock Relationship Manager
Primary Location: Americas-United States-New York
Requisition ID: 162305
Job Posting: Nov 29, 2016, 11:45:35 AM