Northwell Health Specialist, Clinical Informatics in New Hyde Park, New York
Req Number 0010K1
Job Category Information Technology
Provides enterprise or departmental information systems support to Health System clinicians in the use of clinical information systems (interdisciplinary and specialty EMRs) as assigned. Assesses workflow related processes/ requirements to facilitate system enhancements and modifications. Recommends, implements, and supports approved system optimizations.
1. Collaborates with management and clinicians in designing, implementing and maintaining clinical systems. Assists in the development of design specifications in support of new or modified clinical applications, regulatory requirements, and best practices.
2. Documents current processes to establish a baseline for developmental improvements of future workflows. Analyzes, recommends and assists with implementing new and improved processes and workflows.
3. Acts as a liaison and represents the system users/customers in all project initiatives. Performs post-implementation monitoring of adoption and use.
4. Participates in interdisciplinary and process improvement teams to identify potential uses of the information systems and potential optimization of current use of systems.
5. Supports the integration and use of evidence-based methods, tools, and guidelines linked to effective outcomes.
6. Supports data analytics, including quality of care measures, to improve population health outcomes and global health. Supports clinical staff in the real time application of information to change healthcare delivery and affect patient outcomes.
7. Acts as a liaison to clinically related committees (i.e. Nursing Institute, Institute for Clinical Excellence, Medication Safety committee, Evidence-Based Research committee, etc.) and staff to coordinate and communicate CIS projects and outcomes measurement.
8. Appraises computer and informational technologies for their applicability to nursing practice problems.
Performs related duties, as required.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing, Pharmacy, Healthcare Management, Allied Health, Information Systems or related field, required. Masters Degree, preferred.
· Current licensure as appropriate (i.e. RN, NP, PA, Respiratory Therapy, Pharmacy, or other related clinical license), required.
· Minimum of five (5) years directly related clinical experience, healthcare informatics or healthcare operations, including leadership, and/or education, required.
· A strong customer service focus with the ability to develop effective working relationships, required.
· Current knowledge of clinical practices and related information systems and computer applications, required.
· Maintains current knowledge of trends and advances in clinical practice and healthcare informatics, as well as new developments and innovations in hardware and software technology.
Demonstrated initiative, problem identification, resolution and analytical skills are essential, as well as excellent oral and written communication skills