Comcast Sr. Manager, Ethernet Business Operation in Mt Laurel, New Jersey
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
The Sr. Manager of Ethernet Business Operations is responsible for the following: (1) establishing and maintaining internal business processes, (2) business communications, (3) training program development, oversight and implementation, and (4) resource plan and vendor management. This position requires a detailed understanding of customer needs, as well as the organizational business vision and strategy. This position will require working across various organizations within Comcast. This position also requires the ability to balance competing priorities and to be able to adapt quickly in a dynamic environment. Candidate must have strong leadership, negotiation, communication and project management skills. Candidate will support teams responsible for Retail and Carrier Ethernet order management and service delivery.
- Support development of, refinement, and the documenting of Ethernet OPMO policies and practices as it pertains to service delivery. Develop and promote the adoption of those policies and procedures within the organization.
- Implement efficient workflow in all areas of Ethernet services.
- Assist in inter-departmental problem-solving impacting order management and service delivery.
- Develop and distribute internal organizational communications and/or presentations related to organizational processes and practices, performance, day to day operations and changes impacting Ethernet order management and service delivery.
- Plan, develop and provide training and staff development programs using methods such as classroom training, demonstrations, on-the-job training, meetings and workshops (e.g. Lunch and Learn).
- Perform training needs analysis, module preparation, review and revision as required.
- Develop and organize training manuals, visual aids, and other educational materials
- Oversee and drive the execution of the organizational resource plan including the management of business partner relationships (e.g., selection, contract and service negotiation, pricing, oversight and performance management).
- Drive initiatives that lead to organizational effectiveness.
- Lead special projects as business dictates
- Maintain effective business and field leadership communications and relationships
- Comply with Comcast requirements for employee performance management
- Foster team development by coaching and working with direct reports to craft their individual development plans (IDPs) and monitoring progress against those plans in compliance with Comcast performance management guidelines.
- Willing to travel domestically and internationally.
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Business Operations, Engineering, or commensurate related work experience.
- Demonstrated expertise in related industry and/or demonstrated proficiency in areas of program leadership
- Experience in telecommunications or cable industry preferred.
8-11 years of experience managing and/or supporting complex, technical/telephony programs
Demonstrated understanding of data services/solutions
- Demonstrated understanding of voice services
- 8-11 years of staff management experience
- Program/Project Management training and certification; advanced knowledge of program management techniques and tools.
- Process development and launch
- Ability to present technical information in face-to-face presentations to varied audiences; including executive management, engineering, operations and sales
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with limited direction.
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite, particularly advanced PowerPoint, Excel, Visio, Project
- Experience with knowledge/document management tools like Confluence and SharePoint
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills
- Leadership skills (i.e., Team Building, Conflict Management, Relationship Management, and Collaboration).
- Business management skills (i.e., Decision Making, Negotiation Skills, Problem Solving/Analytical, Facilitation, and Budget Management)
- Ability to work effectively across every level of the organization and to establish strong credibility with executive management.
- Ability to see the big picture and generate or adopt new ideas; develop interim and long term strategies that account for internal and external factors coupled with a willingness to roll sleeves up and get the job done.
- Ability to create an open environment where conflicts pertaining to project priorities and funding decisions can be aired and resolved in an objective manner.
Comcast is anEOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employerand all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex or any other legally protected category.